Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scapular Mobilization: Pre, Post, or Seperate?

Skagen

So, in my quest for greater knowledge of flexibility and strength, today during my usual routine a question popped into my head.

Lately I have been doing Ido's Scapular Mobilization routine, but I've been doing it at a completely seperate time from my daily workouts.

When is the most optimal time to perform this routine? Would it be best to perform it pre-workout for greater rom during your workout?

Perhaps it would be best to do post workout for the sake of say... Not imposing too much of a stretch in the shoulders, chest, and back resulting in less power output (likely a negligible difference anyways).

Third, and last. Maybe I've been right in performing this at a completely different time of day from said workout(usually at night while my lovely wife watches TV).

Any ideas from the pros? Any knowledge or further light shed on this subject for me would be highly appreciated. I'd love to learn as much about this as possible!

Thanks!

Guest Ido Portal

It can be used:

1. In warm up, after joint mobility and/or cardio warm up ---> low volume

2. Spread around the day for rehab situation/mobility ---> low-med volume each time

3. After the workout for prehab/ROM work ---> med-high volume

Ido.

Richard Duelley

I personally do numbers 1 and 2 from Idos post every time I work out, I use a light 5lb band to warm up and a heavier 10 and 15 lb band for prehab. . . except today :mrgreen: I was working hard and I looked up at the clock and it was time for the gym to close. . . I was like "What happened to the time!" 8)

Richard Duelley
Are the Wall Extensions are a good thing to consider for this as well?

Definitely, I try to do them 3 times a week (usually I just remember 2 times though :( ).