Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

muscle up

williamprowse

williamprowse

should muscle ups be used to be built by number of reps or by being weighted?

is the muscle up ever used in a workout like that or should it be part of only a ring strength series? should it be something you do every time you go on rings or should be focused on in reps x sets?

would it be better to do low reps and attach wieghts according to how much i did last workout?

should bar muscle ups be trained? seems to do absolutely nothing for rings muscle ups but i can do a lot of them

in other words, should i train endurance or strength more for muscle ups?

John Sapinoso
ohhh, i see, no one here knows what a muscle up is.... 123 views and not one reply, um, ok, thanks guys

being sarcastic and ungrateful at free help is really gunna help your case.

It depends on what your goals are, obviously if strength is your goal, train for strength.

If endurance is your goal, train for endurance.

williamprowse

ohhh, i see, no one here knows what a muscle up is.... 123 views and not one reply, um, ok, thanks guys

Ricky Dawson

Hi William,

Although not an authority i will try and help out.

You ask 'should muscle ups be used to be built by number of reps or by being weighted?' - I would guess from what i've read on this and other sites along with logic is, it depends on what your goals are. Do you want to be able to do a high amount of MU's or become really strong in this movement? The two will have some crossover but if you specifically want to be able to 20 MU's then high volume right training for you.

'would it be better to do low reps and attach wieghts according to how much i did last workout?' - same thing

'should bar muscle ups be trained?' - if you want to be able to do them then yes, you say the seem to do nothing for ring MU's so if you want to do them on the rings that is where you need to train them (specificity)

should you train for endurance or strength? I look at it like for pull ups, i want to be very strong in that movement so i never go above 5 reps, i add weight. But as i read on a DD article once, every now and then its good to mix it up and do the complete opposite.

Someone who can pull their weight + 100lbs may not be able to do 30 pull ups AND someone who can do 30 pullups may not be able to lift +100lbs.

I hope this makes sense and doesn't come across wrong. The answers to your questions you have. I guess thats why no one else has replied.

May seem obvious to some but i hope this helps.

Ricky