Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

...How to eat?

Ewalk91

I like your analogy...and i think i've been doing good for the day, oil with cereal, salad at lunch, peanutbutter and banana sandwich bout a half hour after the salad

Ewalk, did I undestand you correctly? You eat OIL with CEREAL for breakfast? What does that mean... I'm imagining extra-virgin olive oil on top of some granola or müesli, and it doesnt sound right =[.. plz elaborate

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ewalk91

• Richard Duelley

• Jason Stein

• Joshua Naterman

Joshua Naterman

Good deal! You should start feeling a bit better, and in combination with either a slight reduction in calories or the addition of some extra low-intensity work, a slow drop in body fat. I think in your situation, with all the training you do, keeping your caloric average for the week 200-300 below what you need to maintain your weight would probably be a better idea than adding in more work, personally. Unless you're trying to really drop fast, and that might mess with your performance.

I like your analogy...and i think i've been doing good for the day, oil with cereal, salad at lunch, peanutbutter and banana sandwich bout a half hour after the salad

Ewalk, did I undestand you correctly? You eat OIL with CEREAL for breakfast? What does that mean... I'm imagining extra-virgin olive oil on top of some granola or müesli, and it doesnt sound right =[.. plz elaborate

Lol...i eat the cereal then take the table spoon of oil.

Funny thing though, i forgot to take the shot one day and took 2 tbsp at one time and i felt like i was going to puke.

But I've gained 4 pounds so far =) 141lb...9 more to go at least.

• 4 weeks later...
Animalonfire

Really interesting topic.

Just had my first table spoon of olive oil. Approximately my face--> :x > :(

I'd better get used to it fast :lol:

Joshua Naterman

Regular or light oil is much, much easier to handle than extra virgin, and has the same fat profile. I'd recommend the regular, personally. I'm sure there are more phyto whatevers in the extra virgin, but the main thing is the fat, and that's the same in all of them.

olive oil has a diffrent omega structure then ordinary oil. Olive oil has omega 9 structure, ordinary has omega 6 structure (wich we have a planty from other food), omega 9 and omega 3 is very low in our food. So we supplement them with olive oil and fish oil kaps.

And if I am not mistaken, omega 6 structure with high heating transformes in trans fatty acids wich are cancer risky. Omega 9 transformes also but not to trans fat (but there is no more positive effects wich we are looking for).

Joshua Naterman

Olive oil is primarily Omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids. You can't accidentally hydrogenate or turn it into trans fat at home, so don't worry about that. The ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 is 10:1. That is pretty good, though some recent studies suggest it is healthier to have 5:1. The easy solution is flax seed oil. A tablespoon or two a day will get you far closer to the 5:1 ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 when used in conjunction with olive oil, as it has a 4-5:1 ration of omega 3 to omega 6.. It's cheap, but has to be refrigerated. Make sure to check the date on the bottle. Flaxseed oil is only good for a few weeks on a store shelf, it must be bought and refrigerated to ensure it doesn't go rancid.

Joshua Naterman

See, I thought that, but there's also this from wikipedia, on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_oil

Another health benefit of olive oil seems to be its property to displace omega-6 fats, while not having any impact on omega-3 fats. This way, olive oil helps to build a more healthy balance between omega-6 fats and omega-3 fats.

Olive oil is less than 2% omega 3 and anywhere from 3% to 21% omega 6. Crazy. It does appear that the extra virgin olive oil and regular olive oil( a mix of extra virgin and refined olive oil) varieties are much better for you, so stick to those. For some reason one a wiki said it was omega 6. Anyhow, oleic acid is omega 9 like gregor says. i just did a bunch of searching to make sure.

I use alot of virgin olive oil, also for baking in low amount (it doesn't convert into trans fat) and alot of omega 3 (10g per day) with GLA omega 6 in kapsules (hard to find in normal food and expensive supplementation with borage seed oil). All other fat is in low amounts (meat, cottage cheese, milk, ...). So very clean food all year long and I fell great (superior to before, better regeneration,...).

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.