Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ugly looking L sit, needs critique.

Justin Cloud

Justin Cloud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSPxPak9JfY

What should the shoulder position be like? Depressed, and protracted or Retracted ?

i'm hunching forward during the exercise which is unaesthetic, how do i adjust this?

By leaning back on to my triceps? which i tried to do for a bit in the video....

If there's anything i'm doing wrong, point it out to me, don't be shy..... haha

Thank you guys in advance!!!

Maximilian Pascu

I don't find it that ugly. With time you will get it perfect, but first, try straightening that legs.

Emily Lecky

I'd say you might be using your pecs a bit too much which is giving you the hunched look. 

You probably won't be pleased with the 'regression' when you change but really you should be focusing on scap depression and engaging your lats and back more if you're going for the the 'proud chest' look. It's definitely a lot harder to get height off the floor this way than with the hollow chest. 

I'd also recommend engaging your quads a bit more to keep those legs straight. They might be bending as a natural instinct to reduce the load on your lower abs or to compensate for lack of flexibility in the hamstrings. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hips too behind the arms, knees flexed ans consequence of tight hamstring/calves and weak hips flexor.

I suggest a step back, the quality is very poor.

• Upvote 1