Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advance in strength not mobility

Goncalo Garcia

Goncalo Garcia

Hi there,

There some exercises that I co complete the time/reps needed for strength though I cannot get to the ROM that is requiered in mobility. Can I progress and put next mobility exercise plus the one before on my session? Is that recommended?

Leonhard Krahé

No, it is not - being able to demonstrate mastery for the PE but not the iM is considered an imbalance of sorts and the mobility has to catch up, meaning strength has to go on hold (i.e., repeating the last cycle or the last week, that's up to you).

Think of it like this: if you moved on with the strength element but not the iM, that would even further the gap that has shown.

Goncalo Garcia

I understand but I m increasing volume on Mobility, I ll be doing iM before and the one paired with PE. Wouldnt this level?

Johan Tideland

I am sorry but it is still a no, it is only going to lead into a brick wall and a complete stop of progression eventually. 

Think of it like this; you do not have the mobility but you keep on doing harder stuff until you can no longer progress because you simply don't have the ROM, or worse you get injured. then you would have to heal up and do rehab and then start all over with the training.

Even if it might not seem like it now, the fastest way to always keep progressing is to follow the program and "hurry slowly"

Progressing is also going to feel natural if you have build up the correct ROM.

• Upvote 1

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Gonzalo, 

Feel free to dial up your mobility on the side (if that's your limiter), but keep the PE/>iM progression pairs as presented. 

Even if it doesn't seem 100% logical to you, Coach knows best. Not to mention that the overriding principle of balance makes no exceptions with impatient and creative humans like many of us!

• Upvote 1