Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stength loss?

blazeoneying

blazeoneying

Hi everyone!

Not sure if this is under the right topic but here it goes. I just came from a 3 week holiday and it have been 2 weeks since. Of course after my 3 week holiday of no training, there will be expected stength loss. At that point of time I can comfortably do a 7s Front lever and 3s Straddle Planche which used to be a 10+ FL and 5s sPL.

So eagerly to get back to shape, I trained twice that day I was back and trained hard. That probably broke me and I had the most sore in my whole life (my triceps sore last for 4+ days). I did ignore that soreness and continuing working out. But when I finally realise whar was happening, I lost my ability to FL or SPL. All of my basic strength and endurance have dropped significantly and I'll need at least one day of rest after training. (I used to train almost everyday).

Just wondering, is it that I over trained that day and put a strain on my muscles? If so, should I have a long week rest and not do anything? Or a week with light training or train as much and grind my strength back. I'm in a dilemma cause I'll have a competiton in a month time too!

Would love to hear any insights from you guys. Thanks!

GoldenEagle

Your tendons and muscle do not atrophy unless the muscles are not used at all. Your overall strength has more to do with the development of your connective tissue and how strong your core muscles are. Not the overall diameter of your muscles in a specific area.

• Upvote 1

blazeoneying
7 hours ago, Rayne-William Fitzgerald said:

Your tendons and muscle do not atrophy unless the muscles are not used at all. Your overall strength has more to do with the development of your connective tissue and how strong your core muscles are. Not the overall diameter of your muscles in a specific area.

Im sorry but I do not get anything from it. Do you mind explaining in more depth how is it related to my case?

Douglas Wadle

Do not worry.  You took 3 weeks off, worked out once in fully rested condition (like you had tapered and peaked for a competition), made yourself sore, and then did not work out for another week.  So you've taken significant time off, of course you have lost a little strength.  However, once you get back in your routine it will come back quickly.  There has not been damage done by the sounds of it.  Best thing I've found after a period of time off is to go back a progression and do that to ease back into it.  within a fairly short period of time you will be back where you were, and sometimes better off because of the rest.  It is almost always better not to make yourself sore with workouts.  It affects your ability to get out there the next day and do it again. I would imagine with smart training you will be back to previous shape within a couple weeks.