Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basic strength for L-sit

Tiago Fazollo

Tiago Fazollo

Hello everyone,

I recently began training L-sits and Handstands. As for the L-sit, I´m doing two exercises everyday to gain more strength, and I would like your opnion on the matter.

For my core and legs (quads) I'm doing a "pike compression hold" as shown in the first picture. I'm striving to achiev 1 min hold (doing 2 sets of 30s atm)

pikellsm.jpg

For the upper body, I'm doing the hold in the second picture, also striving for 1 min hold (also doing 2sets of 30s atm)

l-sit training.jpg

So, is this a good way to start ? Are there other exercises that will help too?

Thanks. (Sorry if english is broken, I'm from Brazil)

Alessandro Mainente

Foundations 1 and 2 completely covered the necessary steps to prepare accurately the body for the L-sit.

• Upvote 1

Katharina Huemer

The exercises are good. But do you do anything else?

Although 2x30mins per exercise is a long time, I would rather do more sets and different exercises.

For example, you could do the exercise in the first picture, but instead of only holding it, rock up and down 3x10, then hold it. 
Same for the second exercise. You could also try a "real" L-Sit on an elevated surface or paralletes, so you can actually have your feet in the air.

Also hanging leg lifts would help as well as overall gymnastics strengthening. 

Julian Aldag

Break it down. Get an easy support hold first on a elevated surface (like between 2 chairs) with your body straight.  Once that is comfortable, try tuck L-sit. After that, you should be more prepared for the L-sit