Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handbalancing and rings training

Raz Ma

Hello!

I wanted to ask what is the best way to train my handstands and to train on the gymnastic rings at the same time? My biggest goals are the planche and the one arm handstand and building some muscle mass using the rings. Im training my handstand daily. I do a few sessions at a total time of something like 3 hours a day.

I train my planche 3-4 times a week. I can hold a solid handstand for 1 min + , and I can hold the advance tuck planche for like 16 secs and the straddle planche for 3 seconds but not it perfect form.

How can I make up a training program in order to fit the rings training into my schedule? And what are the most effective exercises to work towards the planche and the one arm handstand from my point?

I hope for answers! thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Post videos so that we can evaluate your form and tell you if you have to start again. Before training rings you should master foundations.

13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Post videos so that we can evaluate your form and tell you if you have to start again. Before training rings you should master foundations.

These are my forms in handstand and advance tuck planche!

Screenshot_2016-04-05-13-58-07.png

Screenshot_2016-04-05-14-05-06.png

Alessandro Mainente

Both your skills are incorrect. Handstand lacks of all the requirements like shoulders mobility , alignment and pelvic activation. So basically for GB standard this form has no value. you should back off and work on bases with Handstand 1.

The adv tuck planche is high , arched and it lacks of protraction. this means less work on basic alignment and core work. Same suggestion for handstand, start over from  foundations.

the rings are out of the question according to my point of view, also no one arm handstand is suggested with your current level of handstand. premature work will leads to frustration , slow and wrong progress.

• Upvote 3