Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bridge

Kevin Easton

Kevin Easton

I have a question in regards to my 6 year old daughter who is currently doing gymnastics.

She has made some INSANE improvements this year year.   However, 1 things she has issues with is a bridge and subsequently a bridge walk

Her form looks alot like: bridge1.jpg

When I watch the other kids their wrists are under (or really close to under) their shoulders.  My daughter has her arms more like the position I posted in the picture and I can only assume that makes a bridge WAY harder.

I am trying to figure out what the issue is:

- Lack of thoracic mobility?

- Lack of Shoulder mobility?

- Other?

The coach suggests kids practice stuff at home (currently she trains for 2 hours once per week) when they are watching TV, etc.

Any ideas?

Alessandro Mainente

definitely both shoulders and thoracic immobility.

• Upvote 3

Coach Sommer

She is doing fine, Easton.  As she is able gradually bring those hands into shoulder width with straight elbows.

Do a little bit along side of her.  She will love this.  The additional exposure to bridges will gradually increase her thoracic extension.  Keep the training very light, fun, short and an opportunity to simply have a good time working out with dad.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 10

Kevin Easton

Thanks! 

I'm really proud of her.  She has come a long way.  

You'd never know she's being through 2 surgeries.  First one she had double casts on her legs.  Second one she ended up with two pins in her toe and another cast.

Shes a beast! 

• Upvote 1