Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 year old gymnastics

Joshua Naterman

I posted a video about the same guy about a month ago and i think everyone agreed it was impressive but he was 'put forward' in a very disgusting way :?

Joshua Naterman

Yea, I don't like all the screaming and whatever. The kid doesn't look happy hardly at all in the video, either.

And with his form in his movements i wouldnt be surprised if he ends up with an injury very soon.. i think its sad to use your kid in this way to gain attention/money/whatever even though it is impressive

This kid is strong. I dont really understand why everyone says he is being abused... he doesnt look sad or worn out to me. Instead he looks happy and full of energy. But I agree that all the rumble about him from his father is really a little bit "too much".

It's not that he is being trained thats the problem, it just seems like he is being trained for the sole reason of attention and put on stage etc. but that may just be my opinion :)

Joshua Naterman

Look at his face at the award, he is looking around to see how he should react. He is focused very strongly outward for emotional fulfillment. This suggests, but does not prove, that the child receives conditional love to a greater degree than unconditional love. He doesn't banter or give a shy smile, he just looks lost. If you look at the rest of the video there are certain moments that make me wonder. Still, it is primarily training footage and not a full picture of the kid's home life. I just don't like some of the things I see, and I tend to have good instincts as far as people and their behaviors. I've made it a professional hobby to learn to read body language and the tone of conversations, looks, everything. Nonverbal communication is very revealing.

You need to be around more 4 and 5yo. They are always clamoring for attention for simple things they have done before and do every day. Yes, Jimmy you did donkey kicks yesterday. The younger, the more they want attention (and typically it should be given).

However...this is probably why 5yo don't last in my boy's classes and why I try to wait till they are in 1st grade unless they want it. They want to go immediately back to the kinder classes where they can be praised that they are waving ribbons or pretending what sort of pizza they are going to make while doing a straddle pancake stretch and the teacher is pretty and their is dumb kiddy music on. Aladdin & JungleBook are okay but it's age appropriate rock n roll and rockabilly in my group.

We don't fly to disneyland (during butterfly stretch) and we don't make pretend pizzas during our warmup.

We still have fun but once they are in the boy's class, it's basic training. Learn to listen, keep your damn hands to yourself, and get in line. I'll take care of the rest.

I'm with Razz opinion but I'm not gonna say abuse until I know his father is cursing or beating him like Bela.

Joshua Naterman

I've been around a number, and all I can say is that the kid seems off somehow. Not majorly, just something little.

The fact he can do 210 pushups in a row doesn't spell that.

Elite athletes are typically always a bit off. Personally, I still wonder if he is a myostatin gene freak.

I'm still very impressed with his ability to balance on a single rail and walk in a handstand. I've never seen a 5yo boy who could do it that well. I haven't been around any 5yo elite females that I can recall off the top of my head. 5yo talent yes, but not this skilled or strong.

I have also wondered if like it was rumored about "Young Hercules", something has been added to his milk and eggs.

One of our coaches is a state accredited Child something or other. Something to do with having to report to the state if she ever senses that CPS needs to be called. If she ever failed to in any situation is in, she can have her license pulled. I might need to see her thoughts on it.

I'm with slizzardman on this one, and Razz, kids usually are full of energy when they're 4-5yos :) anyhow it's pretty darn sad that parents fulfill their dreams/aspirations through their children, the way I see it, it's the worst form of abusement, because they're being abused by the ones they love and trust the most, what's more, they're more or less deprived of their childhood, what's the difference between this kid and the ones you see in ads, commercials or beauty contests? probly the only diff is that the later get money for it, well at least their parents do.

I once argued with his dad or whatever on youtube, that dude didn't had a clue what a proper planche pushup should look like, he spits on everybody who doesn't wow on his vids, moreover he clearly lacks the proper coaching knowledge, so I think that the kid, tho he might be surprisingly strong now, is going to end up with injuries or worse sooner or later.