Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weekly schedule

Jan Hluchník

Jan Hluchník

Hi everybody, I am about to start Foundation 1 and HS 1 and only problem I have is weekly schedule. 

Firstly I planned to go 4 days/week Foundation 1 and on Wednesday and Saturday have my leg/deadlift session with barbell. But when I looked at HS 1 integrated scheduling with Foundation 1, there is written that if I want HS 4 days/week too, I should go HS for Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri and Foundation Wed/Sat but for all 7 elements in one day - this inclines into my leg/deadlift sessions.

Is it possible to go my HS just every day after my Foundation work ? And one more, is it possible (isnt it contraproductive?) to do all 7 foundation elements every day in 4days/week schedule for faster progression (instead of first 4 in one day and others 3 in second day) ? 

Matic Balantic

That is a lot of volume. Sometimes less is more. If you will not recover in time, you will progress slower with training 4 times per week than for example 2 times. It is more important you are rested for new workout so you can go hard then to do many workouts tired. Deadlift can be very taxing for your central nervous system. Start slowly and add more volume later. Consider doing F7 two times per week and one leg session per week. Handstand is more skill work and recovery is not such a big deal as with Foundation/barbel training and is easier to do it more often.

Jan Hluchník

Thank you very much for replying. I have one last question, which camed into my mind. If I go Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri my Foundation with all 7 elements in every of that days, should I treat the weekly progression like Mon/Tue is the week 1 and Thur/Fri is the week 2 ? I mean, If I go 7 elements every time in 4 day I will get twice volume than I would get with normal scheduling, so I assume I can and I should go this way of 1 week in 7 elements every day (4 day/week scheduling) = 2 weeks of progression if I would be in normal scheduling with 4 elements in one day and 3 in the second day. (4 day/week scheduling).

I hope you understand, I know it is complicated, but I want to be sure and start with the best setting. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Jan Hluchník
43 minutes ago, Matic Balantic said:

That is a lot of volume. Sometimes less is more. If you will not recover in time, you will progress slower with training 4 times per week than for example 2 times. It is more important you are rested for new workout so you can go hard then to do many workouts tired. Deadlift can be very taxing for your central nervous system. Start slowly and add more volume later. Consider doing F7 two times per week and one leg session per week. Handstand is more skill work and recovery is not such a big deal as with Foundation/barbel training and is easier to do it more often.

It looks you replied just when I did too. I think 4 days a week wont be that much and about that leg/deadlift sessions. I did heavy squats and all stuff but nowdays, I want to start with basics with the squat and deadlift as well as with foundation - this means correction of technique and going really light at the begining - absolutely not on nervous system level of work.

Luka Kopusar

Wow, 4x F7 plus barbell? I dont know. Just like matic said, deadlift is pretty taxing. If you recover go for it, but just as you advance in f series, stuff gets also serious. 

Matic Balantic
2 hours ago, Jan Hluchník said:

Thank you very much for replying. I have one last question, which camed into my mind. If I go Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri my Foundation with all 7 elements in every of that days, should I treat the weekly progression like Mon/Tue is the week 1 and Thur/Fri is the week 2 ? I mean, If I go 7 elements every time in 4 day I will get twice volume than I would get with normal scheduling, so I assume I can and I should go this way of 1 week in 7 elements every day (4 day/week scheduling) = 2 weeks of progression if I would be in normal scheduling with 4 elements in one day and 3 in the second day. (4 day/week scheduling).

I hope you understand, I know it is complicated, but I want to be sure and start with the best setting. Thank you.

I would say you are overanalyzing :P  Test for mastery until you get to the element you can't master. I doubt you will be able to progress twice per week afterwards. :) Also, number of training sessions per week should not be based on how fast you wish you could progress but it should be based on your recovery ability. Number of times trained per week does not equal speed of progress. Important thing is that your workouts are performed when you are recoverd so you are able to put in good, quality work. Bad workout does not help you progress ...

Travis Widmann

F7 four times a week is way too much to start. Higher frequency does not equal faster gains. The opposite will happen because you won't be recovered for each session. The benefits of training all F7 in one session are not only increased work capacity, but also more recovery time between sessions. Even H1 four times a week might be too much. It is less taxing generally, but much of the beginning of that course is active flexibility work, which is essentially strength training at end ROM, meaning it likely requires recovery time as well. Play with it and see how you feel.

I'd say that if you want to train Foundation four days a week, do the 4/3 split with H1 tacked on to the shorter F1 days. That's 2x/week for each element from each course, and frees up Wed/Sat for your weighted leg work. I would add, smart people recommend NOT maxing the deadlift every session, again for recovery reasons. Wise move I think is put barbell training on a similar schedule to Foundation: four-week cycles where volume gradually increases over weeks 1-3 and deload at 50% weight on week 4. Always sync deloads across the board, for all exercises.

• Upvote 2

Jan Hluchník

Thank to everyone for responses. I will start with my current schedule which I posted here and will see how it goes and as Travis Widmann said - I will play with it.I will notice how I feel, and because of that ,eventually do some changes.

Chris Korovesis
On 13/3/2016 at 7:17 PM, Matic Balantic said:

i agree with Matic. Recovery is one of the most important factors that if you will not take care your progress will stall.