Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want/need to lose body fat: will Thrive work for me?

Riccardo Zanello

Riccardo Zanello

Hello,

I am 27yo and quite athletic. I workout following the F1+H1 workouts.

I am about at 17-20% bf. I'd like to get to around 8-10%. I tried various diets but with no definitive results.

Will the Thrive program help me progressively reach my goal?

Thank you

Riccardo 

Riccardo Zanello
4 minutes ago, Johannes Thumser said:

@Colm O'Shea posted an awesome before/after pic in the thrive course forum. Ask him! But it definitely looks like it!

Thanks Johannes,

I did check that out and that is convincing. 

Colm O'Shea

Hi Riccardo,

I have a very sedentary job (college lecturer) with a three hour train commute, so I sit more than I'd like. Also, I haven't been working F7/H1 at full tilt for a while because I have a minor elbow tendon problem that's only healing now. So the results you saw on the before/after pic were heavily based on the Thrive program. You get to go at your own pace, and you build a diet based on some key principles rather than strict rules that force you to eat X or never eat Y. (There's a day off every week, for instance.) I'd recommend it for sustainable fat loss.

• Upvote 3

Going to ditto what Colm said. I have been on Thrive nearly as long as him and I can see my body changing before me. My abs are still nowhere near as impressive as Colm's but I can see the top 2 muscles now and the 2 below are starting to appear. Considering that before Thrive I hadn't seen my abs for years I'm more than happy with my progress. What I love about Thrive is its ease of sustainability. I can see myself eating like this forever and not worry about falling off the wagon. The key to that is the habit building structured into the course. Totally worth it. You also get Jeff's wit and humour thrown into the mix.

• Upvote 5

Riccardo Zanello

Thank you 

My main interest is finding indeed some guidelines which are sustainable. Fat loss is a long term process and my failures were most given by not being able to follow through X or Y nutrition program.

How does fat loss in Thrive work thought? I do not understand why the "add on" habits should help the body to recompose itself.

Thank you

Riccardo 

Jason Dupree

Most people equate diet with restriction. Most people on diets fail. Thrive is based around health. Healthy people lose body fat. When you give the body what it needs, it is able to let go of what it doesn't. This includes body fat, and bad foods and habits.

• Upvote 5

Riccardo Zanello

This makes sense. A more scientific explanation would be nice though . 

I will try Thrive myself and see from experience of course

Travis Widmann

The reason adding food before subracting food works is more a behavioral thing than a food science thing. It's just harder to maintain eating habits over the longterm/lifetime that are defined from the start by what you can't do, especially in this world where we're surrounded by these things. When you create a "foundation" of healthy foods and habits, assembled over time, one by one, you start to have less room on your plate or in your stomach for those unhealthy foods. And since by that time you've already substantially reduced the unwanted material, it's that much easier to remove altogether.

Science on specific foods or meal layouts are provided in the course, and for other questions Jeff is very active in the Thrive forum. He'll even do research on a particular food he wasn't aware of just to give one guy an answer. That's good customer service.

• Upvote 3

Riccardo Zanello

Yes I also intuited that was the reason.

Next is just practical application. 

Thanks!

RZ

Jeff Serven

Riccardo,

The guys said it better than I can. Thats pretty much Thrive in a nutshell. A more scientific explanation of the method is the Thrive course itself. 

Make sure to post in the Thrive private forum when you get started.

Cheers,

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
Aaro Helander

The most important facto for mer: Controlling my environment. The only reason I stay ~10% body fat year around is that I don't have a single sugared food item in my apartment. The only place where I have to control my self is when in the food store, and anyone can control themself for 10 minutes a day. After that I can lose control any time of the day while at home and do no damage (or at least do minimal damage). Eventually you will stop craving trash food and start to enjoy healthy foods. It's just a matter of perspective. ;)

If I have sweet stuff in my apartment, I will find it and eat it at some point.

• Upvote 4

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.