Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thrive Nutritional Pyramid

Jeff Serven

Everett Carroll

As a reply to your original request, Jeff: nicely explained. To quote Dr. Rhonda Patrick, whom I think would support your article and Thrive, "Nutrition is a big, wide, and often confusing world". You've broken down complicated topics and provided outstanding information for a simpler execution of intelligent consumption. I look forward to more!

Do you have recommendations for certified potent and pure supplement sources? I'm currently using nutridyn for muti and krill oil. 

• Upvote 2

Jeff Serven

Everett, Thanks! Im not familiar with Dr. Rhonda Patrick, I will read some of her stuff and tell ya what I think. I do agree with the statement of hers you posted. Nutri-Dyn is nice stuff. What I particularly like about them, Pure Encapsulations and a few others is the 30 day supply of a pack of the basics. Its a nice, low effort way into quality supplementation. As oppose to getting blood drawn and going a la carte nutrients. 

• Upvote 1

Everett Carroll

Foundmyfitness.com is Dr. Patricks website.

Glad to hear you approve of nutridyn. I didn't know they had that package. I'll look into it as something to recommend to folks looking to start supplementing intelligently. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Eh, you like Pure Encapsulations, too? Good to know I was on to something when I found out about them...

Jeff Serven

Yea, I think they are reasonably priced for what you get. They have a DHA I like as well in a small bottle so it doest go rancid before you consume it. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2016 at 1:45 PM, Jeff Serven said:

!  Im glad to hear the information you applied was helpful. As for your next step its Thrive Step 1. You will find the details in your inbox as I have bought your course for you. All I ask is that upon completion you leave a no punches pulled review here in the public forum.

That's awesome.

• Upvote 1

Regarding the arguments back and forth about different research studies, I was listening to Coach Poliquin who made a good point that (I'm paraphrasing here) "if you want to know what works, listen to the clinicians and not the researchers".  The clinicians get paid on results, so they figure out how to get them, and the researchers figure out how it works afterwards.

My martial arts teacher (who's Chinese) says something very similar to what Coach Sommer has said above.  He says "don't think that you are smart, just follow instructions.  If you want my skill I'm already telling you exactly what to do.  If you think you are smarter than me, what do you need me for?"

John Oliver recently had a humorous look at the dangers of citing research studies, bad science and cherry picking research studies for confirmation bias (link below).  In short, rather than needing references to studies, I think it's better to just SFTU and listen when the best are already telling you exactly what works...

• Upvote 10

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.