Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HS wall runs vs planche leans

Elise Nguyen

Which targets the press handstand muscles more: planche leans or handstand wall runs?

I am a coach and the girls are very weak in their presses. Most can not even do a single stalder press. After spotting them and working technique, I would like to really "burn out" their press muscles, without having the balance or technique component. which exercise would you recommend?

As far as I "feel" it, the wall runs are super hard on the trap but the planche leans more on the deltoid. which is better/more important for good presses and hs?

Thanks

Mouclier Victor

HS wall runs are better; because the traps are the prime movers in a press.

One of Coach's athletes got his press with the help of wall runs, but in my experience the best way to get strong traps for pressing is by holding hollow free handstands

• Upvote 2

Handstand wall runs would be best.

Planche leans would be inappropriate for press handstand development as the wrong muscles are targeted.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 3

Thank you coach Sommer. I learned the answer to this question from reading H2 course. We should not lean in pHS, hence vertical pressing is more appropriate. Can't wait to meet you at the seminar!

• Upvote 1