Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tumbling 1 Time Commitment

Cameron Williams

Coach Sommer
7 hours ago, Ben Neal said:

Does tumbling one teach the round off?

No.  

Roundoffs are essentially an advanced cartwheel variation.  So until basic cartwheels are mastered there is no point in working roundoffs.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

Keilani Gutierrez
5 hours ago, Merunas Astrauskas said:

Is the tumbling course scheduled once a week ?

yes sir. :) on Sat

On March 4, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Coach Sommer said:

No.  

Roundoffs are essentially an advanced cartwheel variation.  So until basic cartwheels are mastered there is no point in working roundoffs.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach

I am on SS F1 and H1 and take a two hour tumbling class on a Sunday

How can I best use the programs I already have to help with cartwheel and round off progress

I am guessing pancake and getting my shoulders open are crucial?

Many thanks 

Loving the program ! 

• 4 months later...
Amanda Aharoni

Hi - this isn't a reply just some questions if that's ok.  I did gymnastics for many years as a child. Could still do it at 26. I the stopped thinking I was too old (insane I know). Put on weight. Year before last dropped 50lbs, strength trained and put on 9 lb muscle. Went back to doing gymnastics age 47, everyone asking me if I was there to pick up kids - reply "No, I am here to round off back flip." Despite warming up really well,  I felt so many muscles strain - groin and particularly around the hips - don't know if this is muscle or connective tissue?  Neurologically I still 'get' these moves. Then, disaster - landed round off a little off and broke ankle. Walked round in plaster getting 'what do you expect doing gymnastics at 47?' comments - grrrrr - better that then crumbling to pieces right? Cheek. Now I am doing fundamentals. Questions - 1. Should I complete these GB courses before going to back to adult gymnastics or do it side by side? i.e Rebuild everything then go?  2. Is that connective tissue in the hip? Short hip flexors or what? 3. What happens neurologically now I've broken a bone doing a round off ? (I am actually now wondering if anyone has broken an ankle doing a round off at 47??!!)  Would connective tissue/joint strength prevent breaks or is that do with angle of landing? 4. Most important question for me - What's the process of getting the skills back? Are they still there? They seem to be, but just buried through disuse. Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente

Courses will give you :

-more coordination end movement efficiency sue to increased mobility and strength ;

-support motor units strength and conditioning which reduces the risk of injury;

-joints tissue strength improvements, this mean hips , shoulders and ankles stability

When bases are build up you can consider a light come back to a basic tumbling , this mean rolls, cartwheel etc.

When body changes we need to understand that it cannot work properly as in the past where there were not limitations on mobility and strength. so first step is address those problems first then work on the rest.

• Upvote 1

Amanda Aharoni

Hi Alessandro - I love Verona!  Thank you for your quick reply. I can do rolls and cartwheels now - but not back flips and somersaults off the floor - only somersaults into the pit.  Can GB eventually lift the limitations of mobility and strength? I appreciate it takes time but it is possible? Thank you Amanda   

Alessandro Mainente

Yes it is possible, courses available on GB fix all the major deficits from strength to mobility.