Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coming back from shoulder injuries, What do I do?

Yusuf Basson

Hello, 

I have injured my right arm/shoulder after over training OA FL and OAP. I ended up having a tear in my long head of my bicep, which put me out of action for 4 months. Currently doing exercises set by Physio to help regain strength, mobility and stability in the arm. However I am now looking if anyone has experienced coming back from injury similar to this what to expect, and what did they first start with training again.  

I can currently do different variations of planks, push ups and rows(with feet on floor whilst on rings). But Ideally I want to get back to my old level of strength(video for attention, compressed the file so bad quality). Being that of FL MU etc. I know it will be a slow process but any tips and advice would be great. 

Thanks in advance

video-1455225047.mp4

Alessandro Mainente

Restart from the bases and build up your connective tissue with foundations. stay away from self-programming.

check every 3-4 months with an image exam if your tendon is healing. until full recovery you should not restart your previous workout.

... I have injured my right arm/shoulder after over training OA FL and OAP. I ended up having a tear in my long head of my bicep, which put me out of action for 4 months ...

This is exactly why I do not recommend for beginning GST athletes, especially strong ones, to train these skills.  

Start from the beginning with Foundation One.  Follow it exactly.  If you have some energy and time left after training, you may work some more advanced skills in the last 5-10 minutes of your training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the response guys! Yeah Im starting out at the foundation basics now! Seems to be a lot more draining now on my lower fitness level. But I can already see very slight progressions! And I now know that the tortoise wins the race slowly in retrospect to how I was pushing myself.

• Upvote 1