Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Very Excited to start this program!

Luke Tagle

I have some questions regarding the format of how this program works.  I've done some gymnastic work on my own in my crossfit box and now I would like to focus primarily on improving my gymnastic skill so I can do cool shit like pressing into handstand and STRICT muscle ups.  How exactly does the level 1 program work?  What is inside it, how long is the program.  Is it just a series of video movements or is it a programmed day to day routine, how exactly am I going to get better without a physical coach telling my what to do?

The program tells you what to do each workout. Gradually, volume is increased or exercises change so as to constantly increase the difficulty. Before moving on to the next exercise you must pass certain requirements regarding endurance or mobility.

• Upvote 1

Reanimator, I came from roughly the same place as you.  I'm a crossfitter who wanted to take the gymnastic side further, a lot further.  I got a strict muscle up and thought "what next?"

I'm doing Foundation 1 and Handstand 1.  If you want to learn to press to handstand then you will have to do the HS course as well.

I organise my training as follows.  I do my GST stuff in open gym before my daily crossfit class.  I do all 7 F1 elements on Tues, & FRi.  These generally take a good hour particularly when you get up to 5 sets of everything in the cycle.  HS on Mon & Thurs.  This usually takes about 30 mins and leaves me time to "play".

Most of the strength progressions in F1 hardly tax me at all, but my mobility sucks so I'm waiting for it to catch up with my strength.  So it does get slightly tedious at times (5 x 60sec of planking will never be interesting or challenging), but I'm hoping that it will be "money in the bank" when it get challenging later.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2