Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Denver Seminar - May 2016

Eva Pelegrin

Who's coming to Denver, May28-29!!*

I'm new in the GB community and gymnastics. I’ve been around the block a few times, always exploring different movement modalities and looking for genuine movement teachers. Yet often ending with one sort of injury or another. In hindsight, mostly due to improper progressions and my naive nature in thinking I was in good hands, when perhaps a better process, or at least, more individual attention to the student’s “leaks" and deficits was needed. Hmm, but that’s just the why (or my opinion). The what is I’m grateful to all my teachers as each one brings me closer to explore further or find another path that takes me closer to the source, ergo grounded in thought and individual creativity instead of mimicry. 

I'm fascinated by the human body-mind connection and “BALANCE" is my cause. Started my company 10 yrs ago to teach an integrative, multi-disciplinary approach to heath and the one things I love more than teaching is (__) BEING a student. 

Every thirsty student wants a good teacher and a good teacher is really hard to find. Now, I don’t look for good teachers anymore. Not because I don’t have much to learn, on the contrary. The more you know, the more you realize you don’t know squat and one day you're going to die. I’m older, wiser and I simply don’t have time for the BS, egos, or the nonsense. I now look for a process and thinking that's founded on sound principles. And behind those principles… I continue to find the most amazing teachers and new friends. 

Who cares how long it will take me to learn these skills! It’s taken me years to knock on Sommer’s door, and I may need to come back in another life in order to learn some of these moves. Just happy I AM here now. 

I know most people don't like doing the nitty-gritty work, but I actually look forward to workING. For one, the learning never stops and you never know when something is going to click, and boom, a new universe of possibilities opens up in front of you. Priceless. Then, you can look back, or forward, and recalibrate your thoughts and expectations in the present moment, which is all there is anyway. Can’t buy this anywhere without doing the work.

So here I am GB community: Looking forward to learning from ALL of your collective knowledge!

A very special thank you to Coach Sommer for consolidating and sharing a life's worth of knowledge in such incremental progressions and thoughtfulness. What an incredible value and concept! Am I the only one who thinks this is a rare talent??

I will say that in scanning the Foundation series, I see a very sound and solid process laid out in front of me. The pieces of the puzzle are no longer scattered all over the place, nor hidden in a secret, ancient treasure chest… The elements are HERE for me to put them together and create my own picture – one piece at a time. 

I’m BEYOND excited and feeling at home. It’s a worthwhile investment to study the material before moving into action. Well that’s just my personal preference – even if my ass hurts like hell from all the sitting, writing and getting situated with the content of what’s going to become my next movement practice. 

What better place to start than at the beginning! Thank you all.

Much respect, 

Eva

• Upvote 2

Stefano Baral

Good heavens!

I will not go to the seminar but It's been a pleasure to read your presentation!

Clearly you are a person with a deep and intense desire for improvement and a deep awareness on being student and teacher.

It's beautiful when  a profound and mature desire for knowledge like yours finds a source able to satisfy and amaze it, it's

like discovering a new world when you first wander blindly to seek only a place.

This is what happened to me when I found this site, I could not believe that there could be a universe so vast of which I knew nothing, I was astonished and amazed, it was like being a child who receives the perfect Christmas gift!

Even if they have theirs limits and defects, these courses have contents unique and particular, and surely will give you a lot of

satisfactions if you persist in following them.

Good fun!

Stefano

• Upvote 2

Good heavens!

I will not go to the seminar but It's been a pleasure to read your presentation!

Clearly you are a person with a deep and intense desire for improvement and a deep awareness on being student and teacher.

It's beautiful when  a profound and mature desire for knowledge like yours finds a source able to satisfy and amaze it, it's

like discovering a new world when you first wander blindly to seek only a place.

This is what happened to me when I found this site, I could not believe that there could be a universe so vast of which I knew nothing, I was astonished and amazed, it was like being a child who receives the perfect Christmas gift!

Even if they have theirs limits and defects, these courses have contents unique and particular, and surely will give you a lot of

satisfactions if you persist in following them.

Good fun!

Stefano

Thank you Stefano for your kind words and unique observations. May the force be with us!

Hey Eva, welcome to GB!

Love your well articulated post. I can empathise with some of your feelings, it took me a while to get here but I finally did and glad I jumped on board.

Good luck with your training young padawan! :D

• Upvote 1

Elise Ingenito

Hi Eva!  I'm attending the seminar as well and I'm really looking forward to meeting like minded people - Can't wait :)

Hi Stephen and Elise! Thank you for introducing yourselves. I hope everyone stops by and says a little something about their current training, accomplishments and challenges. Or ask questions so we can all benefit and help each other, as well as maximize our training time before the May seminar.

This is going to be my first seminar so I can’t share what to expect, but I think I read somewhere that it’s highly tailored to the level of the participants. So wherever we are in out training path, it’s going to be great. Don’t you love that?

I signed up to Denver BEFORE starting the F1 course because nothing tops hands on instruction by a master. Now I’m thinking I realistically have 3 months to prepare since I just started. I’m looking at incorporating H1, and then in a week or so Thoracic Bridges from the stretch series. It’s a LOT to take in at once. I usually take my time to understand the components and try things out to assess where I am, before I can lock in a consistent training schedule I can commit to. It’s a considerable investment in time, but that’s just how my mind works and my learning style. I’m sure you have your own way. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Randall Osborne

What is this seminar like for true beginners?  I was thinking about doing it but was also considering trying to convince my wife to come.

Keilani Gutierrez
1 hour ago, Randall Osborne said:

What is this seminar like for true beginners?  I was thinking about doing it but was also considering trying to convince my wife to come.

it's absolutely excellent for beginners. from what I could see behind the thinking of the programming, they make sure everyone has had a thorough to the whole body warm up and then progressively introduce strength elements followed by mobility to recover from the practiced elements and move on to something else. it really spares a lot of frustration on skidding your wheels on elements, going to the seminar gave me a -very- detailed picture of what my strengths and weaknesses are, it created a lot of momentum and now im movin into F2 category for certain elements in the span of months after having my work supervised. it feels empowering to have met people like Coach sommer, Coach Orench, Cory, Tanya, Grace, Crystal, etc. I think about my hosts and time in Colorado all the time. ^_^ 

if your wife goes, she won't regret it and neither will you. I'm seeing if i can make going on May or Oct so I can finish my cert. Oct seems more realistic imo. 

• Upvote 1

Julian Aldag

Hey Guys, I'm coming to the Denver seminar too!

Will be great to meet all of you!

• Upvote 2

Michael Cunanan

This will be my very first forum post! I have been doing the Foundation, handstand, and all of the stretch series (just recently bought the thoracic bridge series along side my Seminar ticket) for about 2 months now. Until now I have been silently following the discussion posts. I very much enjoyed the humbling experience of the GB curriculum. The genius design of this program has motivated me to strive to earn the privilege of becoming a GB trainer one day.  First step along the way is Denver! Look forward to meeting you all!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Eva Pelegrin

Adrenaline and excitement will mess up your sleep. 

I'm packing now and the only thing missing this week is my sleep! The stress and juggling that goes on before leaving town ALWAYS gets me, no matter how much I plan ahead. 

Anybody knows if we're allowed to use camera phone during seminar?

Is it ok to have breakfast right before starting the seminar? Or do we start moving right away, in which case, I won't. How much sitting/lecture is customary versus moving... 

Any heads up tips beside smiling and bringing a notebook. Thanks.

Looking forward to this weekend!!

Eva Pelegrin

Thank you Zach! I prefer pen & paper. I rather not be sitting around for long so it's great to know. 

Down to biz, can't wait. I'm only 5 months old in GB years and this year is certainly flying by.