Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forearm Headstand - What am I doing wrong?

Alexander Castiglione

Alexander Castiglione

Hey GB, 

I finally filmed myself doing some freestanding handstands to see if I could see anything out of place, and although some of them are not pretty, whenever I find the sweetspot, I'm in perfect alignment, stacked, etc (as it should be), however, I noticed I was having a tough time "finding" that sweet spot. So i figured I'd backtrack, and go to something like a forearm headstand (which I never really messed with, i know, i ran before i could walk). 

Anyway, I'm having a really tough time finding the sweetspot, and I'm falling all over the place. Does anybody have some cues or pointers I could use? My headstand I can get for 1 min plus, but that's not stacked, as you all know - you're kind of at a 70 degree angle with your body/legs relative to the floor. With a forearm HeS you need to be stacked. Any pointers? 

I feel like there is alot of weight on my head, and less on my arms if that helps. Whenever i try and maintain PPT i fall, or ignore PPT and stay tight and "straight" i fall. Or i'll look at the playback and see I was all over the place. 

Ideas?? 

If you're to keep your balance in an elbow headstand, you will have to distribute the weight between head and elbows. This means that feet are over the elbows, and the body is therefore not vertical. It should still have alignment, or what you refer to as stacked

Alexander Egebak

Getting a spotter would be your number one option.

Pushing up to only holding a bent leg forearm headstand might help you as well.