Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Fast Food

Ryan Bailey

Curious to know what favorite fast food items the members on this forum prefer; while still assisting nutrition for performance.

I know it is best to prepare meals at home. But for those moments we are in a hurry, and did not have time to cook, what quick foods do you prefer? You know, things you can buy when you are in a pinch?

I like those canned sardines myself :-)

Looking forward to hearing about others` healthy options and ideas.

Ryan

• Upvote 1

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

Chipotle, hands down!  ^_^

I go with the burrito, brown rice, half steak half chicken (both of these double). It's pretty high in calories, so you can knock out a lot of nutrients in an easy and convenient way. But, since you basically make your own burritos, you can adjust stuff in order to reduce the total amount of calories (an easy fix is to take a bowl instead of the burrito, so that you save some carbs). IMHO is not that bad as far as "health": it has complex carbs, protein, not too many fats. It's a little high  in sodium, but if you don't have health conditions and you are an active (and sweating) individual it's not a concern. 

I wish they would open in my city!!

• Upvote 2

Chipotle, hands down!  ^_^

I go with the burrito, brown rice, half steak half chicken (both of these double). It's pretty high in calories, so you can knock out a lot of nutrients in an easy and convenient way. But, since you basically make your own burritos, you can adjust stuff in order to reduce the total amount of calories (an easy fix is to take a bowl instead of the burrito, so that you save some carbs). IMHO is not that bad as far as "health": it has complex carbs, protein, not too many fats. It's a little high  in sodium, but if you don't have health conditions and you are an active (and sweating) individual it's not a concern. 

I wish they would open in my city!!

Heck ya!

I'm on a current plan where I prepare 4/5 meals for the work week. I save friday as a break; grabbing a chipotle salad with some of the extras you mentioned following foundation workout.

Ryan thats a good question! 

Mine are 

1) Whole Foods to go Sushi and salad bar

2) Chipotle!

3) Hummus, lamb kabobs and tzatziki 

4) Avocado Curry 

5) Carnitas, rice and lime

Those are my go-to's when Im eating out or I didn't bring a lunch. I look forward to hearing some new ideas. 

• Upvote 6

There is a shawerma place just a couple of blocks away where they know me on a first name basis.  

I also will get the sushi at Whole Foods, which I think is prepared by a contracting family business.  They also recognize me as a regular.  

There used to be a burrito place close by where I could get a great salad with beef or chicken and guacamole, but, alas, it is now gone.  

In a fix, I will get the thai chicken wrap at starbucks.  

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Anything Thai, sushi is good if it's authentic--neon green seaweed is not authentic lol. Chipotle is good though given its newsreel highlights of late it makes me cautious. I'm a fan of whole foods' meals-to-go or canned sardines and homemade trail mix (seeds, nuts, dark chocolate, berries). Otherwise, I usually fast until I can get a proper meal and will supplement with water or kombucha. Doing all that intermittent fasting has likely helped me lean out quite a bit over the past year despite not being much further than PE2 or PE3 on any element.

Leonhard Krahé

I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like Chipotle :)

I honestly can't say that I like Chipotle (due to the fact that we just don't have it here though :P ).

Most of the time when I'm having "fast food", it's a salad from the salad bar at my Uni's cafeteria/canteen (don't know how you would call that in English) since it usually is the least crappy choice there.

From time to time, I really enjoy a good burger or Döner Kebab

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

burgers, burritos, sandwiches, R&B with some meat and salad on the side.

easiest way for me to get protein, carb, fat and plant matter in one go.

as for drinks, there's a palm tree in my backyard that i visit from time to time. :P

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Darryl Spiers

In fast food i like to eat pizza. It is my most favorite food item in fast food. I am a vegetarian and don't like to eat fast food too much but when i eat i choose pizza.

Brooklyn health center

Edited by DarrylSpiers
  • Upvote 1

Christoph Pahl

When I'm not preparing my meal at home (and found no one to cook for me) I simply buy my meal at home. Have a good asian restaurant ground floor :)  with Sushi of course... but I prefer wok/plancha style: Fried meat or chicken with vegetables and rice, very fresh.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Daniel Burnham

If you live in Texas area check out pollo tropical. Typical meal is chicken rice and plaintains. 

Also around Dallas there is a place called cowboy chicken. Similar thing where it's chicken and two veggie sides of your choice. 

• 2 weeks later...
GoldenEagle

A chocolate brownie, chocolate chip "Cliff bar."

Maybe five medjool dates with some 70% dark chocolate.

"Trader Joes" Chocolate covered banana slices

Leonhard Krahé

For dessert I have an unhealthy passion for berries (semifreddo) with some nuts and honey.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.