Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Discrepancies in Military Pressing vs HSPU strength

Coach Sommer

I don't know if this proves anything or not but, i've been using 25 pound Olympic Barbell Plates for a little more Range of Motion in my Head Stand Pushup and, I have without practicing the military press get 115 standing at a bodyweight of about 158. Whick if I subtracted right is only 43 pounds away from my bodyweight so maybe if can get to handstand pushups on rings then maybe I could press bodyweight. So I am begining to belive it.

Thank You, I couldn't belive it, stuff like that just makes me want to train harder. Before hand I could only get 95 pound overhead so this is really staritng to work. Again Thank You

Not just Paul Anderson did handstand pushups. John Grimak, Steve Reeves, Jack Lalane and plenty of other old-school guys were very proficient in them. Most of them did not train to do handstand pushups specifically but did mess around with them from time to time. Most could even do one arm handstands, ah the good old days.

Joshua Naterman

Yep, all that was considered to be kind of a right of passage. If you couldn't do the hand balancing, you weren't really considered a strong man.