Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will Stall Bars rip out my wall?

Bryce Graw

I was discussing installing stall bars into my wall with my landlord. 

First, he wants to make sure I won't be ripping out the wall in my room before I put them up. I have drywall.

My question is How can I assure him this won't happen? And what are some tricks/suggestions?

Also, If you have any suggestions for what type of stall bars I should purchase for requisite of all gymnasticbodies foundation training, I would greatly appreciate that as well!

Yours,

Bryce

Coach Sommer

If you do directly into the drywall it would indeed rip out.  You must anchor the stall bars directly into the studs. 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Indeep Jawanda

If you do directly into the drywall it would indeed rip out.  You must anchor the stall bars directly into the studs. 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I installed my quasi-stall bars in my condo. The studs were located a little less than the ideal 36 inches, but it works none the less.

Use a stud finder to anchor the stall bars into the studs.

I went to Lowe's and bought two maple wood side pieces and a bunch of oakwood round pieces to install in the center. I also found some L-shaped steel bars from Lowe's that I used to attach the side pieces with the wall studs.

I couldn't afford to build it right up to the top of the roof but I have enough to use for Foundation. I installed some small 2 by 4 pieces at the top and put my weighted bar that I use for dislocates across the top to use for Hanging Leg Lifts.

The holes I drilled became a little bigger than needed, and so I put a couple of white decorative trip on both sides on the outside so that the individual bars don't slide out.

Not perfect, but it nonetheless works beautifully. Cost a total of around $250

post-2290-0-14632200-1451797423_thumb.jp

post-2290-0-14145000-1451797433_thumb.jp

post-2290-0-47383000-1451797443_thumb.jp

post-2290-0-92121000-1451797453_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

Romulo Malta

What do you think about this kind of stall bars mounted to the ceiling?

Ceiling mounted stall bars

The pins just make pressure to the ceiling and there is no need for screwing holes.

I contacted the seller and he said there can be serious pressure on the ceiling and that a plasterboard ceiling (the kind my house has) wouldn´t be indicated. In that case he said it would be better to screw/open holes in the ceiling to fix it.

Do you think the pressure would be reduced if I put a wooden board between the ceiling and the pins to help spread the pressure not only in the four pins? Or it would be enough to find the studs in the ceiling and fix it there?

You have to run boards across the ceiling joists for the pressure pads to go against. Personally I think it would be better to mount to a wall, where the dry wall is easy to repair if you decide to take them down.