Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Body fat

Payro Ruiz Meza

Toni Laukkavaara

Eat less calories and do cardio.

Very bad advice. I will say that lower your carb intake and/or add cardio. Lowering calories will simply slow down your metabolism which is the exact opposite what you want to do!.

P.S keto diet rocks

• Upvote 1

Payro Ruiz Meza

Very bad advice indeed. 

Here is your recipe for success = Thrive + Foundation 1. 

excuse me
What is the Thrive?

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

Don't reduce your calories unless it's absolutely necessary (or you're eating like 5k every day, which is PROBABLY a little bit too high).

I mean, calculate your maintainence caloric intake (calories that your body needs to maintain your be) at your current activity level. Then bump up your activity level by adding some non-exercise physical activities (e.g. some running, walking, playing sports with friends, Tumbling One, swimming etc.).I'm assuming you're already doing some sort of strength training, which is important to prevent muscle loss and to be awesome overall. By moving more you're ensuring that you are in a caloric deficit, which, last time I've checked, is necessary to lose weight, but you're not compromising your metabolism by eating too little, as korija was saying.

You can manipulate macronutrients (i.e. protein, carbs and fats) to your needs, but they are less important than total caloric intake (you can eat no carbs and still not be losing any weight). Just eat enough protein (around 0.825g/lb of bodyweight, or 1g/lb of lean bodyweight since I assume you're not that lean, yet

Alessandro Mainente

IN order to decrease fat you should first increase the metabolism , it should be progressive and can take around 3-4 months. if done correctly you can increase the BF of 2-3% but this is acceptable. then you will reverse the process alternating period of less calories and a period of normal calories, then drop calories again etc, this process could take 25-30 weeks. carbs and macro nutrients should be cycled at the end of the process and the percentage depends on the period of bulk or cut (you can be ripped with 4 hundreds grams of carbs / day). at the end your body composition is changed. the process of refining the BF could take years.

Parameters involved in diet plan are too much to be discussed here.

If you are alone , or you're struggling with diet , or you want to save years of experiments probably the GB nutrition course is the starting point.

• Upvote 3

Nicholas Hamilton

IN order to decrease fat you should first increase the metabolism , it should be progressive and can take around 3-4 months. if done correctly you can increase the BF of 2-3% but this is acceptable. then you will reverse the process alternating period of less calories and a period of normal calories, then drop calories again etc, this process could take 25-30 weeks. carbs and macro nutrients should be cycled at the end of the process and the percentage depends on the period of bulk or cut (you can be ripped with 4 hundreds grams of carbs / day). at the end your body composition is changed. the process of refining the BF could take years.

Parameters involved in diet plan are too much to be discussed here.

If you are alone , or you're struggling with diet , or you want to save years of experiments probably the GB nutrition course is the starting point. I'm guessing the new course is probably awesome and a good starting point if you don't have a shit ton of time to research and experiment. 

This response is simply wonderful. Much like the Foundations course will take years to master when moving through the progressions properly, mastering sustainable dieting and the subsequent physiological changes could take years. On top of this, individualization is a huge factor when you get into high performance dieting. 

I spent years getting my diet and metabolism in order (about 5). Now I experiment a lot of very specific thing, like micronutrient intake and macro timing. For example, I actually feel pretty good on a low carb diet, but tend to stall on gains, maintain a BF of 12-13%, and my cholesterol sky rockets (like 320+). However, if I include 150-300g carbs, I will lean down to 9% BF, excel on high intensity work and my cholesterol normalizes. 

Anyway, I could write about this all day and only hit the tip of the iceberg when it comes to nutrition. It can takes years of self experimentation and mindfulness to create the lifestyle that works for you.  

PS. For low bodyfat, alcohol is a huge enemy. Somehow, people don't just don't grok this often enough. 

• Upvote 2

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.