Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should i train with rings in order to help improve "non-ring-skills"

Aran Van Dinteren

Aran Van Dinteren

Hi everyone, 

I train for handstand, tucked planche, and straight arm strength in general. My goals are planche, press handstand, and more, but nothing on rings. 

Is it better to train the same as you should perform your goals or are maybe rings better for planche or handstand training than the floor? 

Thanks for answering 

Planche and press handstand are far and away more difficult on rings. Trying to jump ahead is very Dragonball but won't get you the skill on floor.

To be fair some supplementary work can be good for shoring up weak links once you are reasonably close to a planche, but this doesn't mean training directly for a ring planche, and for both there's no chance on rings if you don't have it on floor/paralettes :)

Aran Van Dinteren

Planche and press handstand are far and away more difficult on rings. Trying to jump ahead is very Dragonball but won't get you the skill on floor.

To be fair some supplementary work can be good for shoring up weak links once you are reasonably close to a planche, but this doesn't mean training directly for a ring planche, and for both there's no chance on rings if you don't have it on floor/paralettes :)

thanks for the information 

Alessandro Mainente

work on stable support is completely another planche compared to unstable support.

• Upvote 1