Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lucas Abner?

Rajesh Bhat

My son is already working on Foundation and Handstand. Hopefully he can master those in a couple years' time, but he was wondering if it is possible for any ordinary/slightly above average person like him to reach Lucas' level of compression and active compression strength after mastering foundation. How would he do this? For instance, Lucas shows an amazing straddle l that I have only seen one of coach's athletes do, no one else. Is it possible?

Yeah, it's really possible. You just need to work hard on your compression. I have seen pictures of Lucas doing seated leg lifts with serious weight. If you have the consistency for reach those levels you'll have similar attributes .

• Upvote 2

I am not sure where, you'll have to hunt a bit, but he had some videos up here on using bands attached to his ankles for a couple of interesting drills for compression. Circa 2013 I think.

Excellent passive flexibility is a no brainer for exceptional active flexibility; the guy is obviously quite gifted in this department so whether it's possible to develop the same in another given individual I can't say; time and consistency will bring abilities up to the level required for advanced work in most, but of course some people will find it a shorter path :) As chuchodani says along with the flexibility he's also pretty strong on various weighted HLL / Lsit/ Vsit variants so that is something to get on also.