Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did you know this exercise ?

Mouclier Victor

Mouclier Victor

Hi GB people

don't judge me as one of those guys who are obsessed by planche but i just came a across a video showing a nice exercise.

I would like to know if it does have a name and what do you think about it's usefulness 

VIDEO: Planche Tutorial Part 1 by Vladimir Sadkov (workout russia)  at 1:00

thanks in advance :)

• Upvote 1

Mouclier Victor

i know but i can't past the link directly, it never work :D

if you copy an paste the title on YouTube, you'll come across it in no time.

Mouclier Victor

at 1 min, the transitions between one arm elbow lever to the other arm.

i would like to know your opinion, can it be considered as an FBE ? is'nt the ROM a bit too short to get bent arm pushing benefits from it ?

edit : i will put the link in the first post later ( need to do it from an other PC)

Edited by Bosco

Francesco Pudda

Well it seems that it trains especially bent arm strength so I think it will have few to none carryover for a correct planche. More over, IMHO, at first sight he doesn't seem very reliable: tuck planche with hips very high and pseudo planche hold with no shoulder protraction :huh:

• Upvote 1

Mouclier Victor

Francesco, yeah this guy got bad form on almost everything but he is insanely strong.

I wasn't asking for the carryover to the straight arm planche but for the benefits of this exercise, bent arm pushing Wise.

But i totally agree with you, it will not build a straddle planche.

at 1 min, the transitions between one arm elbow lever to the other arm.

i would like to know your opinion, can it be considered as an FBE ? is'nt the ROM a bit too short to get bent arm pushing benefits from it ?

edit : i will put the link in the first post later ( need to do it from an other PC)

My impression is a cool trick and great for balance/co-ordination but I can't see it being a strength builder unless there's a fair bit of time spent off the arms in bent arm planche variants. In which case I guess it's a little better than training the BAPL alone, but not by a whole lot.

• Upvote 1

Mouclier Victor

i tried it and yes, even if i can hold a bent arm straddle planche for several seconds, i can't control this exercise perfectly.

this is all i wanted to know, thanks all ! ;)

Francesco Pudda

It could be better IF during the transition from one arm to the other you push towards a straight arm straddle planche. In that case it would be cool looking and could build a little bit of straight arm strength too

Edited by Francesco Pudda
  • Upvote 1