Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Probably about to buy F1 and H1 but...

Augmenting Ape

Augmenting Ape

Hello, I think after years of lurking i'm finally ready to bite the bullet.  However, I have a few questions that i'd like answered to fully convince me. 

1. How are these products formatted? 
==Is there a daily session given?
==Can I train 5+ days per week( i pretend to train more frequently if possible)?
==How much time per day can I expect to give to doing my "homework?"
==Is there a lot of self assembly or is there a basically a list format for each day?
==IS ALL THE PREHAB INCLUDED (stuff like jefferson curls, cuban rotations,and whatnot)?

2. How do these programs fit together?
==Would one alternate between the two or would you do two separate workouts everyday? (i'm fine with the latter, btw)
==Is there any advice given on how to combine the two (since i imagine they are made to be done together)?
==When you write that " Front Lever, Straddle Planche, Side Lever, Manna, Single Leg Squat, Hollow Back Press and Rope Climb." are all included does that mean that all of these things are worked on in the same workouts or at least in the same week?  I would prefer slow multi-faceted progress over focusing on just one or two at a time.  

3. Time progressions
==I've heard that to fully do all the material included for the released Foundations packages it would take years, is this true?
I REALLY LIKE that idea because that's probably how long it takes for the body to build all the passive structures in the body of an adult.  I don't mind having to work for years to do it as safely and consistently as possible.  The idea of paying for years of programming sounds really nice. 

Thanks a bunch.  

Matthew Jefferys

• Your workout structure and frequency is up to you, though a workout template is available.

Each progression comes with a strength exercise and a mobility exercise (the latter is performed during your rest periods after the strength sets). Jefferson curls happen to be one of them! I don't think cuban rotations feature, but various shoulder dislocates certainly do.

As I said, the workout structure is up to you, but the sets and repetitions (or hold times) are set out for you.

You'd be performing one progression from each of the seven skills at any one time (7 strength and 7 mobility)

Easily. Depending greatly on your starting strength, recovery abilities and the focus and effort you put in, these movements can take anywhere from a year to 6 years to master. It's a lot of material!

Personally, I think it's more than worth it. The conditioning aspect is just awesome, and the injury prevention and joint stabilisation you get from the mobility exercises is outstanding. I've not only fixed some of my deficiencies with it, but I feel less injury prone when attempting more difficult movements as well.

Sarah Gleeson

It's definitely not a plug and play training plan. You have to read all the information, search for information on the forum, and ask questions. If you have a background in workout programming it should be easier. For me, the first two months I spent learning and trying things, testing my current abilities and experimenting with different workout templates.

It's worth every penny.