Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HS alignment straight enough?

Wolfgang Zeller

Wolfgang Zeller

Hello,

today I made a couple of photos from me in a hs position.

Now, I think my alignment is not straight enough and I'm not sure what's the reason for that.

What do you mean? Not enough shoulder flexion? Not enough PPT?

pic1 (me)

pic2+3 (straight alignment with eyes look to the floor)

post-19256-0-84283800-1446899034_thumb.j

post-19256-0-62428600-1446899044_thumb.j

post-19256-0-92516300-1446899045_thumb.j

As i can see on this picture there's still room for your shoulders to open, so put some focus in your work on shoulder mobility and always try to elevate scaps as much as u can.

Beside that, to fix that arch in lower back, you should spend some time working on hollow body position on the floor, which includes understanding of pelvic position in your handstand (ppt), and then try to implement it in wall handstand.
Make sure you drop your ego, wall is your best friend when its about handstand aligment.

Good luck!
Milos

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
David McManamon

Okay, compare yourself to Yuval but realize if you aren't practicing at a professional level then your line is not likely to ever match his line.  Yes your shoulders need to open more and your shoulder flexion should be improved, ribs in and take a photo which includes your hands and feet!  Also work chin to chest to help you find the correct shoulder position.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Okay, compare yourself to Yuval but realize if you aren't practicing at a professional level then your line is not likely to ever match his line.  Yes your shoulders need to open more and your shoulder flexion should be improved, ribs in and take a photo which includes your hands and feet!  Also work chin to chest to help you find the correct shoulder position.

this is not correct, personally after 3 years of consistent work I can demonstrate rounded back, open shoulders and ribs in, and i'm not a professional handbalancer.

if you do not reach a certain level of bodyline is simply a matter of not enough time spent on handstand refinement.

David McManamon

Well we could compare a lot of handstands and Yuval has a textbook handstand line which is something to aspire to, however, even at a professional level many practitioners have slight differences. Here is Andrii Bondarenko in a "basic handstand"

https://www.instagram.com/p/96mWFzHerg

And here I am, different head position, I train handstands a few times per week:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-B2zsKIyjV/

For some people it takes very little time to learn the correct engagement and for others years.

if you do not reach a certain level of bodyline is simply a matter of not enough time spent on handstand refinement.

Correct engagement can be mastered rather quickly, "the line" will vary from individual to individual even among those who spend thousands of hours in handstand.

I do not agree with this either. While differences exist in aesthetic or practical performance purposes, a correct gymnastic flat-back ribs-in handstand with correct shoulder mobility is what Coach has insisted on for every athlete he preps, and no less from us.

We might not all be Yuvals but insisting on a high level is central to this forum :)

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente
Reading  your words  " ..your line is not likely to ever match his line.." it is obvious that you have no idea about results that GST could provide especially the method that C. Sommer shared with Handstand Courses.

If your handstand is the result of your training and your considerations about what people can or what people can't, you have a lot to learn. for this reason demonstrate you something will be a loss of time because you don't have the competency to judge.

Discussion ends here.

• Upvote 2