Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GymnasticBodies Dreamin

Ryan Bailey

This post is in response to the Hilarious dream comments I have read lately by Bro' and others. It appears there has been some GymnasticBodies Dreamin going on and I find them very amuzing.

I also had a weird dream the other night, I saw Jon Douglas (whom I've never met before) at a party. I went over to him, dropped to the floor, and began doing push ups and asked him to please critique my form. Ha ha.

Any other GymnasticBodies related dreams happening out there??

• Upvote 5

Christian Sørlie

I'm dreaming that I read a post about GB dreams and made a comment about the dreaminess of Jon Douglas.

But I'm still waiting to wake up............

• Upvote 2

Niklas Slotte

Let's see... I've had my fare share of front split dreams. Sometimes when I'm in the position I think "hey, finally and it's not even difficult" not realizing I'm dreaming. On other occasions I know my current restrictions and know for a fact that it's a dream. Then I just enjoy the moment and move around until I wake up.

In my latest dream I was standing somewhere and did a random knee raise with my left leg. I then continued to extend my knee so that my toes touched my head. My first thought was "all the mobility work has really paid off". Only after waking up it hit me that what I just did was waaay difficult and cool!

It's interesting that I've never been in a  dream side split. For a long time I've thought it's not possible with my hip structure, still do to some extent, and it seems to carry over to my dreams, also. On the other hand, I feel no structural restrictions in front split motions. Just an interesting observation.

Finally, my weirdest GB dream. Again, I was doing front splits left and right but this time in a supermarket - in the meat aisle - with who other than Robb Wolf. That was one of those moments I just knew I was dreaming, so I proceeded to enjoy the position and wait for the forthcoming wake-up.

• Upvote 2

I'm dreaming that I read a post about GB dreams and made a comment about the dreaminess of Jon Douglas.

But I'm still waiting to wake up............

Thanks, I work out.

I had one a while ago concerning Victorians. Couldn't figure out why everyone was struggling with it; it was easy if you could get the trick of them.

Never did try applying that in reality. Missed opportunity for greatness? ;)

• Upvote 5

I'm glad someone started this thread, I considered doing it too.^^

It's just that you get to a point where GST, this forum and the curriculum become part of your lifestyle, so you tend to think about this stuff a lot, it's only a matter of time until it ends up in your dreams! Clubbing with Coach after MN/PE6 wasn't my first GST-related dream but it certainly was the funniest and the most vivid one.  :lol:

I'll be sure to post the next ones.

• Upvote 3

I'm glad someone started this thread, I considered doing it too.^^

It's just that you get to a point where GST, this forum and the curriculum become part of your lifestyle, so you tend to think about this stuff a lot, it's only a matter of time until it ends up in your dreams! Clubbing with Coach after MN/PE6 wasn't my first GST-related dream but it certainly was the funniest and the most vivid one.  :lol:

I'll be sure to post the next ones.

You cannot be serious.As if ANY of us could keep up with Coach once he gets going ;)

Funniest part was that he was dressed exactly like at the Stroud seminar (only time I've actually met him), so flipflops, crop pants and GB polo shirt, so not exactly your typical clubbing outfit but he managed to get past the bouncer after giving him shit during a pushup contest (about the poor form obviously  :lol:) and after a handstand to prove he was a cool dude. And after that, OF COURSE, THE MOVES, LIKE YOU CAN'T IMAGINE!

I literally laughed out loud after waking up.

• Upvote 3

Me too, once or twice, I think it has to do with the floating sensation of sleeping/dreams (the planche is completely effortless in the dreams). And the fact that the move is freaking impossible.  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Briac Roquet

Last night, I did 3 easy one-arm chins each side, 20 pull-ups and 50 hinge rows in a single set. This morning, I did a 2-second one-arm chin hang and then went to cry in a corner. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Artur Krajewski

My brother in-law asked me to show him how much pull-ups I can do. I started pulling up but it was so easy I actually did a (no kipping) muscle-up. I thought 'no shit, those Hinge rows really made me a beast'. Then I did few more muscle ups like it was warmup.

Similar to Briac, when I woke up I went to my pull up bar and "attempted" a muscle up. To my surprise  ... I kept myself from crying, laughed hard instead :-).

Good to know I am not alone. Nice thread.