Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My IF experience

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

Paleo-ish is an excellent style of eating, which can also explain some of your experience. The cleaner you eat, the more sensitive your system becomes. Your body becomes more efficient and more in tune to even the most subtle changes. (This is a good thing.) This is really how we are designed to be anyway. (Which is why paleo and IF work so well for many people.)

This kind of pseudo scientific broscience is the reason the nutrition discussions often spiral downward, out of control. Half truths, oversimplifications and assumptions.

Sorry, but it has to be said every one in a while, to be kept in check. Personally I expect the nutrition forums to be of the same quality as the other GB forums.

• Upvote 5

This kind of pseudo scientific broscience is the reason the nutrition discussions often spiral downward, out of control. Half truths, oversimplifications and assumptions.

Sorry, but it has to be said every one in a while, to be kept in check. Personally I expect the nutrition forums to be of the same quality as the other GB forums.

Hi Ravn, I appreciate your comment and I apologize if I have annoyed or offended you with my words.  Discussion forums are hardly the place to include excerpts from scientific journals.  This is about exchanging experiences with each other - in layman's terms.  It's intended to be lighthearted, supportive, encouraging and inspiring. 

If we stop and think about where/how we have gained most of own own life experience, we'd quickly realize that a significant amount of of it is result of bro-science - or mom-science, dad-science, lover-science.  Whatever you choose to call it.  It doesn't mean it's all bullsh*t.  

No offense taken, and no, common sense knowledge is not necessarily bullshit.

However, gb.com is sort of a no-bullshit refuge in an online fitness universe which is indeed spilling over with bullshit.

So, sorry for being an arsehole, but I think that we do need to hold the conversation to certain standards.

All opinions on GST do not carry the same weight, as is evidently demonstrated in Sommer's work. Why would nutrition be any different?

• Upvote 1

When it boils down to it, IF is just a method for sticking to eating at a deficit easier so that you don't over eat. So pushing the first meal later in the day makes it easier overall, because when your first meal is around 2-3 pm you can eat the rest of your calories till bed time. You don't have that moment at the end of the day where you feel like eating and realize "I've eaten all my calories for the day : (". This is also the time period people go out to eat with friends and try to enjoy the evening. Having an extra 1500 calories to consume and still stay in a deficit when going out with friends is pretty awesome.
There are some studies on IF in regards to your testosterone/cortisol levels and your focus. But those are only side benefits. The real money maker is just staying in that calorie deficit easily. This is for fat loss of course.

You can gain muscle with IF as well, but you have to be smarter about it. Like using that 20 minute window after your workout to break your fast. Drinking a homemade weight gainer shake to get extra calories in easier and so on.

• Upvote 2

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.