Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Balance between FL and Planche: symmetry

Jesse Kim

Mouclier Victor

not that much, the exact opposite move of front lever would be back lever, and for planche it's manna.

Hope i'm not completely wrong.

Keilani Gutierrez

one is a compliment to another, as are some other moves in complimentary planes of motion(this would be if the hands are pressing, pulling, behind us, in front of us at horizontal, etc) and execution(straight arm, bent arm, bent body(pike), full lay out(hollow), rotation, static, etc.) so training front levers and planches will yield some results. if you include more variety in your training upto a certain standard, you'll be much better balanced and healthier.

like rope climbs, manna, press HS, HS, HBP along with the front lever and planche.

my 2c.

In terms of "appearance", doesn't a Planche resemble an up side down Front lever of sorts? Sorry my question wasn't in terms of strength, but actual, well, uh, "symmetrical appearance".  :unsure:

In terms of "appearance", doesn't a Planche resemble an up side down Front lever of sorts? Sorry my question wasn't in terms of strength, but actual, well, uh, "symmetrical appearance". :unsure:

Definitely. Even the lean is visually similar, hence those side pictures of pl/fl pairs that look near identical and quite otherworldly at first :)

Limbers / FL is particularly good though, at first I didn't get the Foundation logic of pairing those two but as I have progressed the effect of both together is greater than the sum of the parts

• Upvote 3

Alessandro Mainente

Depends what is your idea of balance, "apperance balance", "strength balance", "anatomy balance"?

Apart the first type of balance, the front lever is a pulling work that creates adduction of the arms. the exercises where this movement is balanced by abduction of the arm are

-limbers

-press to handstand variations.

Definitely. Even the lean is visually similar, hence those side pictures of pl/fl pairs that look near identical and quite otherworldly at first :)

Limbers / FL is particularly good though, at first I didn't get the Foundation logic of pairing those two but as I have progressed the effect of both together is greater than the sum of the parts

Are you talking both front and back limbers or one of them?

Personally I find front easier to maintain a nice bridge shape as I descend, but I think Ale has given a pretty comprehensive explanation :)

Alessandro Mainente

Limbers are a descent into bridge from standing position and return up on your feet. 

A proper progression is listed on foundations series.

Matthew Jefferys

Limbers are a descent into bridge from standing position and return up on your feet. 

A proper progression is listed on foundations series.

Ah, yes. I am familiar with that movement. It's near the end of the FL progressions, isn't it?