Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tips on weight loss?

Jo Christian Weldingh

Jo Christian Weldingh

Hi,

I could use some pointers on losing some weight. I am not overweight at all, but I feel like I would benefit from lowering my fat percentage, both when it comes to performance and appearance. 

What would be the best way to approach this?

Christian

Giovanni Garcea

So many ways to approach this, but the foundation is that weight loss is mostly related to calories in minus calories out, and that's the main thing. In this framework of weight loss, the other ingredient is that body composition is related to macros and exercise.

In my opinion you should try to keep things simple for as long as you can and that means, for me, figure out how much food you need to maintain your weight and eat a little less, while favoring protein intake. I think these simple principles will serve you well. You can get more fancy once you have these basics down.

• Upvote 3

Nicholas Sortino

Does your diet contain liquid calories (aside from protein)?  Such as Soda, Coffee (unless you drink it black), juice, alcohol?  If so, cut that shit out (or at least down if you don't want to eliminate it).  That will possibly be a huge drop in calories right there.  Next, cut out sweetened/sugary foods.  Again, tons of calories there.  Among a host of other effects excess sugar intake has on your body.

Start there, then do some research as to whether you feel you should eliminate things like grains (at least the over processed stuff), vegetable oils (most of them have terrible fatty acid profiles) and so on. 

• Upvote 1

Fiber rich fods has a much lower digestion rate, meaning that your gut cannot extract nearly all the calories in the food. In contrat, low fiber foods are very easily digestable and will yield many more calories into your system in comparison.

This means that you can eat a ton of food on a fiber rich diet, feel constantly satiated, and still lose weight.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.