Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My video about rings dislocate/swing and m.up

Gianluca G. Di Lernia

Gianluca G. Di Lernia
Hi guys,

i'd like to know what do you think about my kip dislocate and swing on rings (also an inlocate) and muscle-up on bar. I started to train rings swings in april, and at the beginning it was a trouble for my shoulders XD.

Here a video with some clips about my gymnastics and parkour training, where i perform them:

Thank you! :)

• Upvote 1

Nice, Where is that outdoor trail/gym with the trees and the pull up / parallel bars?  Did you build that or is it a public area?

Gianluca G. Di Lernia

Thank you Ryan, it's a very beautiful adventure park in Spiazzi di Gromo! (A public park)

Gianluca G. Di Lernia

Thanks LateStarter :D

And what about my "two step" muscle up on bar? It's correct to train this form? I still can't perform a single movement without the passage of false grip

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

Was the outside part at the beginning filmed in the Aosta area? It looks familiar :)

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

Look very nice! I haven't been specifically there but I'm from Torino and I often visit Val d'Aosta so I've recognized the mountains in the background

Well, that isn't a kip dislocate. It's a dislocate from a basket position. A kip goes from a hang to support on apparatus (though on floor it's generally from back/neck to feet). I can't remember exactly what I'd call it but I want to say "cast dislocate." I need to take the judging course again (which is later this month or early next). As for your swing pike dislocate, better swing will mean more swing height and no need to pike through.

As for the swing, too much focus on turnout without maintaining pressure on the rings. You need to pushing or pulling on the rings. While eventually you will turn out the rings, you need to push and turn them out on the back swing or maintain pulling as your turn them out on the front swing.

Flyaway from rings looks early but that's pretty typical of developing flyways. 

Here's a nice video focusing on back swing. Notice the flyaway occurs after you swung through vertical.

Way more in depth video on rings swing including proper way to incorporate turnout action

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

learn to swing at rings level. actually the risk of shoulders injury is very high.

Gianluca G. Di Lernia
Thanks Blairbob for your explanation :) i had already seen only the second video, very useful as the first!

Alessandro, sorry,  what does mean at rings level? Should i train the swings without open my arms?

And rings swings are so traumatic for shoulders/scapulas? It's possible to learn well them at 23 years old without arrive at 40 years with the shoulders destroyed?  :P

Thanks again guys!

Alessandro Mainente

I mean that before dislocate you should swing until your body is parallel to the ground and it passed the rings height.

• Upvote 1

My shoulders would be fine if I hadn't peeled off rings on strength elements. 

Bare in mind, it tends to be more dangerous for bigger adults with poor shoulder flexibility who are on the weak side. That wasn't myself at the age of 21 under 68kg/#150. 

Elements that are saltos inside the rings are what are harsh on the shoulders when it comes to swing. A lot of this has to do with poor technique and lacking flexibility and improper training. 

Didn't watch the end of the video until now. While you eventually have to train the Handstand on a Rings Tower, you might want to train Ring Handstands on low rings first until they are solid. 

• Like 1

Gianluca G. Di Lernia

Thanks Alessandro and Blairbob. I tried the handstand on rings tower only one time (that's in the video XD), usually i train it on low rings with a mountain of matresses. So i think that first i'll improve my shoulder/scapular flexibility and then i'll restart to train swings/dislocates/inlocates :)

• 2 weeks later...