Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder Flag vs Body Lever

Cikko Lareza

Cikko Lareza

Is shoulder flag better than body lever? Also does shoulder flag help me achieved front lever faster than just doing body lever? i know progressions are still better, but i have weak core and my body pikes when doing front lever.

btw here's the picture of shouler flag: 

post-19988-0-36085100-1443692242_thumb.j

I can see it being useful for front lever, but can someone do a shoulder flag if you can't do a body lever?

It won't make it come faster, body lever variations are more specific in their effect on the shoulders and back, but it could be a useful drill in its own right. I've never tried it but on second glance is he bracing his shoulder against the poke here? That seems like it would be easier than body levers to me...

• Upvote 3

Easier, no carry over except core. I could do flags and shoulder flags just from lifting weights with some practice. Front lever has taken 2 years for 2 secs and still not great. But I am 200 lbs. The reason is that the weak link will be the,rear Delts and pulling back straight arm. Nothing in my experience has developed my rear shoulders like fl. Now my rear Delts are the size of tenniballs and still not there.

• Upvote 1

Shoulder Flags are uncomfortable and I would say are harder than body levers, but only in the capacity of tension needed. regardless of upper back support or not, it is requiring the lack of upper back support to be leveraged through a strong pull of the body into the pole itself. They look cool when elevated and used on non-conventional supports.

Cheers, that's a handy soldiers 5.

Cikko Lareza

I can see it being useful for front lever, but can someone do a shoulder flag if you can't do a body lever?

It won't make it come faster, body lever variations are more specific in their effect on the shoulders and back, but it could be a useful drill in its own right. I've never tried it but on second glance is he bracing his shoulder against the poke here? That seems like it would be easier than body levers to me...

Body lever progressions? do u mean straight arm body levers? I've tried straight arm body levers and it's harder than normal because it stresses my elbow. And yes, he's bracing his shoulder against the pole. 

Shoulder Flags are uncomfortable and I would say are harder than body levers, but only in the capacity of tension needed. regardless of upper back support or not, it is requiring the lack of upper back support to be leveraged through a strong pull of the body into the pole itself. They look cool when elevated and used on non-conventional supports.

yah its harder and so uncomfortable, my elbow hurts when i tried Shoulder Flags.

I've never tried it but on second glance is he bracing his shoulder against the poke here? That seems like it would be easier than body levers to me...

In body levers, your upper back is bracing the floor or some other object too and yes it is true that regular body levers are a prerequisite to the shoulder flag since the shoulder flag is a variation of that.