Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoughts on Aleksandr Didenko?

Charlie Martin

Charlie Martin

I know there have been a few posts on street workout guys, but this guy really stands out for me.

Yes, I know his maltese and planche aren't perfect (e.g. arching), however, compared to your typical SW guy, he's doing quite well. I believe this might be due to a gymnastics background (just judging by his pointed toes etc.).

Also, thoughts on the one arm planch(ish) pushups toward the end? He locks the elbow on a couple...

Just thought it was worth sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVYkotiiID4

Edited by Kuboy

Mouclier Victor

he really got an insane level his maltese looks effortless, but it's hard to judge him as a street workout athlete because he as certainly a gymnastic background.

Toni Laukkavaara

He lacks ppt and protraction, but still i'd say he is good for being a street workout guy. Weak compared to a ring gymnast

Murray Truelove

The guy's seriously strong. I don't know why the street workout guys don't get a lot of respect around here. 

• Upvote 4

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

The guy's seriously strong. I don't know why the street workout guys don't get a lot of respect around here. 

That's true. I believe it's because a lot of them are just "ego lifter" that just want to learn cool moves to show off with their friends and make some shitty motivational video on YouTube. But some of them are genuine hard worker and really strong too. As always people tend to generalize, that's all.

Charlie Martin

That's true. I believe it's because a lot of them are just "ego lifter" that just want to learn cool moves to show off with their friends and make some shitty motivational video on YouTube. But some of them are genuine hard worker and really strong too. As always people tend to generalize, that's all.

I agree. A great deal of them rush into harder and ''cooler" moves without proper preparation. Despite Didenko's minor form issues, I would say he's an exception.

1:23 - 1:39 that is definitely something what we dont see on streets and neither can be achieved without professional advice or coach.

I'm happy to recognise talent and hard work. Most of these guys are a hell of a lot more talented than me and creative in physical expression, which I really enjoy when it is original (although I'll take em on in sheer stubbornness). But it seems to me that even in this short thread there are hints of 'Oh, can't count him as regular street workout, it wouldn't be fair, because he was/is a gymnast.' That to me is just a little... telling.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
Charlie Martin

Good god the music selections in both videos was annoying.

"Fresh off the grill" ahaha

I'm happy to recognise talent and hard work. Most of these guys are a hell of a lot more talented than me and creative in physical expression, which I really enjoy when it is original (although I'll take em on in sheer stubbornness). But it seems to me that even in this short thread there are hints of 'Oh, can't count him as regular street workout, it wouldn't be fair, because he was/is a gymnast.' That to me is just a little... telling.

Yeah you're definitely not wrong. Kind of relates to how the street workout world championships don't allow pro or ex-pro gymnasts to participate.