Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Front deltoid in GST

Mouclier Victor

Mouclier Victor

Hi guys

What gymnastics exercises target  front deltoids the most ? (bent arms and straight arms)

Edited by Bosco

Mouclier Victor

as for straight arm i would think about planche presses and l sit or straddle L support press handstand. what do you think ?

But for bent arm strenght i really don't know, it seems like it always chest activation.

Edited by Bosco

Maltese or inverted cross :D ... Bent arm exercises doesent put same pressure on shoulders becouse other pushing muscles work more when you bent your arm.

• Upvote 1

Everything you'll do in GST is a compound movement, so nothing really targets a singular muscle, but some movements have more of an emphasis on particular groups. If you keep an upright posture during dips it does more tricep/front delt along with chest, planche work all works shoulders. Pushups with elbows closer to your torso will hit your front deltoids more than flaring shoulders out. Walking in and out of handstand against a wall works the front and medial shoulders a ton along with your traps and upper chest

• Upvote 1

Mouclier Victor

Thanks !

for HSPU, i don't really feel shoulders working the most in them i thought it was mostly upper chest (maybe it's mophologic) and i'm not arched because i do them stomach against wall 

the exercise that makes me feel the front delts t be loaded the most heavily is pseudo planche push ups as hollow as possible. is it good ?

Edited by Bosco