Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FOUNDATIONS INCLUDE STRETCHING?

Jeff Young

Does the foundation series include stretching or will i have to purchase that as well?  Same goes for the handstand progressions?  Are these all separate or if I purchase the foundations series, are they built into the program?

Thanks,

J

Alessandro Mainente

Foundations is seprarated from Stretch series , from handstand and from rings.

If you want them you need to ti purchase separately. 

To take the most benefits you should train Handstand 1 , Foundations and Stretch series together.

There is integrated mobility and stretch exercises in both Foundations and the HS courses.

There are separate stretch courses for front split, side,split and thoracic bridge.

• Upvote 2

Alessandro,

How would training all 3 together be more beneficial? And does the foundations program allow for that kind of time to work with handstand?  I guess what I'm asking is, they wouldn't interfere with each other?  And the stretching well, I assume that is great for any time correct?

Alessandro,

How would training all 3 together be more beneficial? And does the foundations program allow for that kind of time to work with handstand?  I guess what I'm asking is, they wouldn't interfere with each other?  And the stretching well, I assume that is great for any time correct?

This has all already been worked out and built into the training for you.  Most important, get started.  You will learn all of the details of the structure and programming naturally and easily as you progress through it.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach,

So you recommend the foundations and H1 series together then? If so, that's what i'll do. What is your advice?

Toni Laukkavaara

Coach,

So you recommend the foundations and H1 series together then? If so, that's what i'll do. What is your advice?

My advice is: Start doing F7 twice a week, and h1 twice a week.

F7 being foundation 1 workout where you do all the skills in one session.

Coach,

I recommend F1 and H1 to get started; they are designed to be trained at together. Once you are comfortable with those two courses then add in the Stretch courses as you are able.

As far as number of days a week, the courses provide automatic programming for you. My recommendation is to start with the bare minimum schedule first and then gradually increase your schedule until you find the 'sweet spot' in terms of training frequency that your body does best on.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

My recommendation is to start with the bare minimum schedule first and then gradually increase your schedule until you find the 'sweet spot' in terms of training frequency that your body does best on.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Just want to re-emphasise this. Several of us have gotten a bit over-eager and gone to higher volume weekly cycles before we were ready; no injuries from this AFAIK, just a lot of kicking ourselves at slowing down our overall progress :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I would say to start with Foundation 3 days a week and on two of those three days do Handstand 1. (So Monday - Foundation 1/Handstand 1; Wednesday - Foundation 1/Handstand 1; Friday - Foundation 1). If, after a full month or three, of training this is really easy and you feel like you can do more then bump it up to doing Foundation 4 days a wek and Handstand 2 days a week. Rinse and repeat until you find what Coach called your 'sweet spot'. Your work capacity isn't ready for F7 yet. Not unless you've been doing Crossfit like a champ or gymnastics like a pro--come week 11, you'll be on the floor in a puddle if you haven't built up the requisite stamina (which in the scheme of GB isn't much at all). It took me almost 8 months to get over myself and to learn to listen better and take it easier on my body. I'm only now getting the most benefit from my im's as I'm treating them less like strength work and more like mobility work. 

• Upvote 3

I recommend F1 and H1 to get started; they are designed to be trained at together. Once you are comfortable with those two courses then add in the Stretch courses as you are able.

As far as number of days a week, the courses provide automatic programming for you. My recommendation is to start with the bare minimum schedule first and then gradually increase your schedule until you find the 'sweet spot' in terms of training frequency that your body does best on.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach is spot on correct, as usual.  Start with minimum training schedule and increase as you feel comfortable.  Experiment with what works for you.  I was doing 4 days split, then changed to 2 days of F7, and even did 1 day of F7 one week and found out that the rest was very beneficial as the next week i increased in 3 exercise!   You don't always have to keep the same number training days per week.

• Upvote 1