Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Leg Lifts lying down on the floor?

Felix

I do not have access to a pair of stall bars or a partner to spot me when I do leg lifts on a pullup bar. I know this makes the exercise easier because with no back support, you are liable to engage other muscles to make the exercise easier.

Would doing leg lifts in a hollow body position on the floor be a good substitute for the difficulty the stall bar variation creates, or at least a better alternative to doing them on a pullup bar with no back support?

Edited by Felix

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

There's not a substitute for HLL done with stallbars, but, if you really can't find a way to do them the right way, I would say that hanging from a normal bar (you'll have to be very controlled to avoid any swingin motion) it's batter than doing them on the floor. IMHO done on the floor, even from a hollow body position, they are waaaaay to easy to gain any real benefit from the exercise.

• Upvote 3

If don't have stall bars, doing it on a bar with a partner pushing you slightly from the back to avoid lats work is the best substitute.

In the absence of a partner, with care, switch your grip to a chin up grip or with a normal grip, move your hands together to further minimalize lat activation.

Just tried this and felt a definite increase in difficulty. Thank you.

Edited by Felix