Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Swedish Bars Front and Back Support Holds

Guest Ido Portal

Nick Van Bockxmeer

I have a feeling these will prove to be more difficult than they look.

Do you have any more stall bar exercises you could share?

I thought I posted to this earlier, but I definitely think they are harder than they look though they look pretty trying to me.

hmm, I can do 1 foot free but not both.

honestly I want to do these in shoes. it's not comfortable on my feet, the forefoot, when trying.

Guest Ido Portal

Yes, as I have written in the blog post itself, those movements are a nice complement to victorian/f-lever (the front support) and to maltese/planche. (the back support)

The elbow and wrist strain, the total body tension and the weak link (muscles around the armpit in the front position and the front delts in the back support) are conditioned here from a bit of a different perspective. The neural understanding is another plus.

Play with it and try to incorporate it into your training, I am sure you will like the results.

Ido.

BTW, I have more than 50 movements I use with the swedish bars including various supports, pulling, pushing, prehab movements, active flexibility, lower body, upper body, etc, etc.. I truly believe it is one of the best training tools for someone interested in this type of training. I was sorry to see that in the US swedish bars are as rare as a good cup of coffee.

• Upvote 1

These are more or less for back and front lever for learning the form and for strength increase for both FL and BL. But it defenitly wont help as strength increase for maltese or victorian.

These are more or less for back and front lever for learning the form and for strength increase for both FL and BL. But it defenitly wont help as strength increase for maltese or victorian.

Yeah... like we said it's a preparatory exercise. Not a major strength builder.

I heard in the old days, they used to always be in gyms.

Nowadays, the ones you can buy are very expensive. It is just a matter of building them yourself and taking the time. It's not that hard, really.

• 1 year later...

I've tried both these exercises and quickly realized they we're not as easy as you made them look in your video.

The front support for example i can only hold for 4 seconds. You have already mentioned that it's a nice complimentary

exercise for front lever, but you also said in your blog that it helps many other areas. I can already feel they will help to

strengthen up my front lever.

"Work at it, devote some time to these basic support positions, and you will see improvement in many other areas of your physical development."

In what other areas did you see noticeable improvements ?