Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tweaked my shoulder, what should I do?

Timothy Aiken

Timothy Aiken

I was climbing yesterday and did my first v3, a route I had tried only twice before when I was very tired. Being the Monday after deload week I was feeling very strong; I did my first good standing straddle press as well as some other things that aren't relevant to this issue.

Anyways, so I've been doing some one arm leg raises here and there, obviously not a serious pursuit or something I do a lot of, but if I'm feeling good and can maintain scapular depression, I do one or two. I am the same way with meathooks. Yesterday I was feeling good on both, and decided to try and connect them. Bad idea. Leg raise was easy, but as soon as I began moving my legs over, I knew I wasn't ready, grabbed the ring with both hands, and came down. Nothing catastrophic, but my shoulder felt a bit tweaked. Today it continues to feel a bit sore in a somewhat sharp way. I was able to complete my F1 workout without any issue, as well as some beginner overhead squat work and my H1 work. This is not pain by any stretch of the imagination, but it still feels wrong. 

Is there anything I should be doing to ensure that this "tweak" heals correctly and I don't get blindsided by a muscle tear in the coming months as a result of this?

I was and now even more aware of the intensity of these exercises, and, as my RC progression is early F2, will not be attempting them again any time soon. Maybe after the RC iMs in F4  :)