Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saturated fat won't kill you, trans-fat will.

Mikkel Ravn

Kate Abernethy

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut! The fry up has to be done with the right kind of oil  :D

I'm with you, I love fry-ups  :)

Kate Abernethy

My approach to research in general is to just take it with a pinch of salt  ;)

However, the BMJ is respected in medical circles and has to maintain its credibility and reputation.

But then, due to parentage (both doctors, and one was a BMJ secretary for a period) I'm biased  :P, so my answer is unviable and unhelpful  :D

Do you mean credible?

It's totally credible.

Hey, at least it a meta-analysis, and yes, there are always methodological limitations.

Briac Roquet

It's been established for a while that saturated fat is okay. Rather, it's been debunked that saturated fat is bad. It was public enemy number 1 for so long that govermnents still recommend avoiding it, but really, scaring people into not eating saturated fats is idiotic. Sure, you still shouldn't abuse it, but you can eat a lot more than many people think (more than transfat or sugar at least).

• 2 months later...
Matthew Jefferys

Wheeeee! Let's all jump on the "this natural and ubiquitous nutrient is evil" merry-go-round! It never stops, folks! Despite the evidence that it's all rubbish!

Matthew Jefferys

Sarcasm aside, do people realise the difference between saturated and trans fatty acids? Why do people never mention cis fatty acids if trans fatty acids are to be avoided? Why does no one mention that trans fatty acids are a type of unsaturated fat? Food for thought...

(I just had to throw that pun in there :D)

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.