Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back and Front Lever and Inverted Chins Questions

Frodocious

Hi Folks,

I have a couple of questions about levers:

1. When doing a tuck back lever, what sort of angle should my arms and shoulders be at?

2. Are there any easier progressions for a tuck front lever? Currently mine looks more like the top position of a tuck hanging leg lift. Should I keep doing these and work on pulling my hips slightly higher each time, or are there any exercises I can use to supplement the front lever work?

3. Are there any easier versions (or alternate exercises) for inverted chins, as (like my front lever) my tuck inverted chins are really weak?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Hi Folks,

I have a couple of questions about levers:

1. When doing a tuck back lever, what sort of angle should my arms and shoulders be at?

2. Are there any easier progressions for a tuck front lever? Currently mine looks more like the top position of a tuck hanging leg lift. Should I keep doing these and work on pulling my hips slightly higher each time, or are there any exercises I can use to supplement the front lever work?

3. Are there any easier versions (or alternate exercises) for inverted chins, as (like my front lever) my tuck inverted chins are really weak?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

1. Your torso is parallel with the ground. Whatever angle your arms make will be *your* specific angle. This is variable because we all have different length arms and mass distribution affecting our center of gravity.

2. If you're not strong enough to hold your torso parallel to the ground in a tuck front lever you need more basic strength work.

3. Not really.

Sounds like you need to back off exercises that are too difficult and work more basic strength.

It would probably be more worthwhile to your time to work skin the cats (tucked 360's) than the front lever. With my boys who are too weak to hold a tuck front or back lever, I have them work this. If they have to bend their arms, that's ok too since at this point they are so weak, that I would rather just seem them doing skin the cats (preferably without a swing or jump [when doing them on low rings]).

Or I have them work negatives from an inverted tuck hang.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I guess I'll replace the front levers with skin the cats and possibly the tuck negatives as well.