Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Equipment needed for stretch series

Curtis Griffin

Curtis Griffin

Sorry if there is already a thread on this but thinking of purchasing the stretch series bundle and was wondering what equipment will be needed if I do so.

Jon Douglas

Bungee cord or equivalent for bridge

Yoga block or equivalent and wall access for front split

Wall access for middle split

Stopwatch, visible clock, or timer for all :)

Curtis Griffin

Thanks, any recommendations for bungee cords looking on amazon and so many different sizes etc.

Jonathan Horowitz

Once you purchase the course, there is a detailed thread about the correct bungee cords and handles to use in the Thoracic Bridge forum.

Nicholas Sortino

I dont have any bungee cord here ..... any alternative possible ?

Bungee is cheap at a hardware store.  Buy a long length and tie bowlines on the ends for handles.  Problem solved.

Jon Douglas

You also need a thera ball or swiss ball for inverted cat stretch

A ball is best, but tbh I've been using a couch armrest for this :)

Itamann Itaman

1st is far too heavy

2nd, it may say bungee but I'm certain from the cover that it's a standard latex band with a cloth cover.

Agreed, which is why our specially designed Mobility Bands are currently in the manufacture process. :)

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Ronnicky Roy

Thoracic bridge doesn't require a stall bar. You just need a fixed object that you can loop the bungee around. I use one of the legs of my bed frame. Works fine.

• Upvote 1

Matthew Mutch

Thanks, any recommendations for bungee cords looking on amazon and so many different sizes etc.

Since there seems to be some unanswered questions here, I thought I would bring some interest back to this thread. From what I can summarize of this thread so far:

Theratube/rubber tubing

Pros: inexpensive, easy-to-find, stronger bands (blue,black) recommended as green may not provide adequate resistance

Cons: doesn't maintain a consistent tension throughout stretch, may not provide correct resistance for given exercise, poor durability

Sport cord

Pros: ideal bungee material with handles ready for use, more durable than Theratube

Cons: some say too short, others (6ft or 183cm stature) have used them with no concern about length

Bungee/shock cord/Novabraid

Pros: recommended material by GB for consistent resistance through stretch

Cons: only available in very short lengths (with hook ends) or in very long spools. Choosing diameter is entirely dependent on your abilities. Handles sold separately, some assembly required.

Ideally, Coach recommends having a few different diameters on hand. For those who are buying bungee/shock cord by the spool and don't want to buy multiple spools and end up with hundreds of feet of cord, it is wise to start with bungee that is about 1/4 inch or 6mm in diameter and work your way up in thickness. Also, I've read that 12 ft (365cm) is an ideal length. Does anyone agree/disagree/tried different lengths?

That post was quoted from the Thoracic Bridge Band Pull thread referred to in a previous post here.  I recently ordered some shock/bungee cord at 1/4" diameter.  I'm 6'2" so I cut it to about 12 feet and it seems to do the job.  I left it adjustable so I can shorten the length as I progress.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Scott Malin unpinned this topic