Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 2 cents on the Stroud seminar

Eduardo Escudero Sanchez

Eduardo Escudero Sanchez

Hi guys,

I'm just sitting on a road cafe on my way back home south of London and I just simply cannot wait to write something about this seminar. I just left a bit sad cause I couldn't properly convey the team before leaving how big is the impact theyve made on me. People can think whatever, but you won't know what a coach really is until you know and work with someone like Sommer. THAT, and no other thing, is what I've always dreamt as a coach. Very few people in my life have left me with this sweet aftertaste. I just cannot wait to start working again, to search for excellence in the things I do and like, to always strive for perfect form. Never allow myself to rush me out of where I should be and trust in the process. These and many other things I've learned in this course (apart from the fact I suck in so many things right now in my physical preparation that I'll take me the rest of the evening to enumerate them, and I do really have to get home). So to the team: BRAVO. Thanks for being so picky, to be on top of us, to demand such a high standard of work all the time and not bend to the pressure of just letting the people do whatever. This is more than many people can say in this mad fitness world we have now where things want to go crazily fast. It's a relieve to see there is still good people out there. I just regret not having someone like you guys nearby to work with. In some way I developed a taste to get my butt kicked in these two days.

Once more thanks for all. Hope to see all of you soon.

• Upvote 20

Eduardo Escudero Sanchez

Now you're going to have to learn to kick your own butt.

Haha I manage to do that every now and then tbh. But yeah, there have been some words that I will have very present on subsequent workouts, that's for sure. 

Were you guys made to suffer? :icon_twisted:

It's a real eye opener.  The whole concept of what real work is when training....and the mind giving up before the body does.....

Good stuff!

Just out of interest - where do you train in South London Edu?

Eduardo Escudero Sanchez

Just out of interest - where do you train in South London Edu?

I'm currently living and working in Horsham, in West Sussex. I do my training in between my home, the local fitness centre (Pavilions in the park), and the Crossfit box I attend to in Crawley XD. Thats one of the good things about GB, you can do it pretty much anywhere and most of the time doesnt need any equipment.

Glenn McNevin

I have to agree with Edu. If nothing else, learning the proper work ethic was worth the trip. Having a deficiency fixed with a 5 minute conversation was a bonus! I'm excited to get back to it now with fresh eyes (the only part that's not aching!). An excellent weekends training!! Thanks Coach, Oranch, Cole and Wesley.

• Upvote 1