Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confused about planche training ?!

Lyubomir

So iam experiencing an issue with my planche progress which started since the beggining of 2014, and i get really frustrated, because its been like year and a half since i train it and i can only hold adv. tuck for about 3-4 sec. The problem is that i used whatever i saw from web: Tuck planche, Tuck planche push-ups, Frog stands, Pseudo planche push ups, Planche leans, Adv. frog stands, handstand lower to planche (wall), Wall push ups,HS push ups, elbow levers, bent arm planche etc. and iam really confused why iam not making any progress ?! I train planche 3 times a week for about an hour and i don't know how to mix static holds and strenght exercises (the ones that include reps (PPP,HS push-ups etc.)) Should i use somehow all of them or to just cut off the less neccessery ones.

Alessandro Mainente

Stall in progress usually are due to lack of basic strength. Foundations is made to avoid stall points.

• Upvote 1

Mouclier Victor

Planche is a very very hard and frustrating skill to work on...

Anyway i was in a similar situation when i was was working the planche, what help me was to work on tuck planche press to handstand BUT you have to do the movement in it's complete ROM.

So start from a low tuck planche with your feet barely touching the ground then lift as high as you can (ideally reaching the handstand) then go down and repeat.

By the way, one  hour full of planche training is a bit too much i think, Shoulders are small musles that get tired pretty quickly. Plus, planche training can be taxing for elbows and shoulders joints so stop your workout from the firsts signs of soreness.

Hope you could understand my bad English.

Good luck  !

• Upvote 1

So iam experiencing an issue with my planche progress which started since the beggining of 2014, and i get really frustrated, because its been like year and a half since i train it and i can only hold adv. tuck for about 3-4 sec. The problem is that i used whatever i saw from web: Tuck planche, Tuck planche push-ups, Frog stands, Pseudo planche push ups, Planche leans, Adv. frog stands, handstand lower to planche (wall), Wall push ups,HS push ups, elbow levers, bent arm planche etc. and iam really confused why iam not making any progress ?! I train planche 3 times a week for about an hour and i don't know how to mix static holds and strenght exercises (the ones that include reps (PPP,HS push-ups etc.)) Should i use somehow all of them or to just cut off the less neccessery ones.

You say that your adv. tuck planche is 3-4 sec, what's your max hold at previous progressions like adv. frog stance or beginner tuck planche ? If it is something like 10 seconds then you are going the wrong way, you should be able to do like 5x30sec the previous progression, then come and test your max at adv. tuck planche again to see where you are this time(and of course it will have been increased)

Stephen Majerle

If you can only hold adv tuck for 3-4 seconds then you aren't ready to train adv tuck. You will need to build planche strength at easier planche exercises. Foundation will tell you exactly what you need to do.

Rajesh Bhat

Yeah I would just say buy foundation and succumb to the power of the great Coach Sommer because believe me it works :)

• Upvote 1