Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

L-sit

Alexander Egebak

Alexander Egebak

Should the L-sit be trained on the floor or on P-bars?

I prefer the floor version since I do not have P-bar but I realize that going directly for a floor L-sit is harder because you eliminate the tuck L-sit-progression.

But I guess a lot of hollow holds, leg lifts and plank variations will get me there eventually in spite of the fact that I cannot train it on bars. And I do not have sturdy chairs, parallets etc. either...

Any thoughts?

Alexander Egebak

The floor leaves zero room for bad form or compensation elsewhere. You will find it much easier on elevated surfaces. Keep it to the ground IMO. 

I was also thinking in terms of wrist strength vs finger extensor strength. Although I guess it is not a big deal how will training it on the floor impact future strength training?

Jesus Rojas

The floor leaves zero room for bad form or compensation elsewhere. You will find it much easier on elevated surfaces. Keep it to the ground IMO. 

I was doing it on the floor because it feels more natural and difficult, but foundation uses parallel bars so I moved again to P-bars. If you said that's better on the floor, I will move to the floor again. In terms of mastery it doesn't matter if I doing it on the floor, or do you recommend to move on when mastery is achieved on P-bars even if you're floor one is not at mastery level ?

Alexander Egebak

I was doing it on the floor because it feels more natural and difficult, but foundation uses parallel bars so I moved again to P-bars. If you said that's better on the floor, I will move to the floor again. In terms of mastery it doesn't matter if I doing it on the floor, or do you recommend to move on when mastery is achieved on P-bars even if you're floor one is not at mastery level ?

One thing you could do is moving to the floor once you have mastered PB L-sit. You will not need much adaption in the fingers before being able to handle it on the floor - assuming you have perfect form.

That is at least my thoughts, but I would like to hear from others as well.

• Upvote 1

Jeffrey Fialko

I learned l sits on some pvc parallettes before moving to the floor. You can find plans for making some with a quick google search, and they probably won't set you back more than $20. Then you have an extra training apparatus :)

• 1 month later...
Mikel Perez

I use my PVC P-bars to encourage myself. Then I try the same movement on the floor and rings. I find the L-sit floor version harder than on P-bars since I need harder compression. I believe that using the three pieces of apparatus sheds light into different aspects of the exercise and the weaknesses I may have.