Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommend R/R section to Forum

Jeffrey Mailly

Jeffrey Mailly

So I was hit with a cold on Saturday and immediately decided that sleep was in order. I've been getting 9+hrs per night and have not trained my typical Monday or Tuesday this week. I'm even trying to squeeze in naps if possible wherever I can (during lunch break in my car). Happy to report that I'm feeling about 90% normal right now and hope to catch up starting tomorrow provided i wake up feeling equally good. I can remember times when sleep wasn't a priority when it would take me 7 or more days to feel how I do now after only 3.5 being sick.

I wanted to post on here to recommend a section similar to that of Nutrition that could cover things like Rest and Recovery which I am finding to be critical this week. It's SO important to listen to your body and we mention that so much here. Perhaps a Forum section devoted just to that might be helpful for encouragement and accountability.

Jon Douglas

The trouble with this is that people, even if they are qualified and experienced and provide good advice, cannot provide medical advice on this forum. We have disclaimers and everything. If people want to take lessons from, say, the shoulder rehab experiences of someone else that is up to them.

IMO this isn't a necesary addition, but that's just me disagreeing, not overruling you or anything :) I think these lessons are driven home frequently enough that it would be a bit redundant.

Coach Sommer

Redundant.

Rest and recovery are already heavily emphasized in the GB courses.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach