Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training for people in their 40's.

Fabio Caliolo

Stephen Hepner
3 hours ago, Daryl White said:

You can count me out of that kind of training.

+1

I too got my start with CF at 40.  I didn't stop because of those reasons but they are certainly the reasons I've been following the GB programming this long.  Prior to GB I was in a constant state of pain/tightness/injury of various degrees but since I was getting stronger and I figured that was the price.  Once starting GB I found out just how broken I really was.  Now after nearly 2yrs, I'm finally making some good headway, the worst knots have worked loose, and have had only 1 very minor injury from stretching.  I enjoyed CF.  It taught me a great deal and introduced me to a whole new world and for the first time I enjoyed exercising.  But after sampling everything I find that GB is the best fit for me for the time being

Stephen

• Upvote 3

Fanbrits Johnson

You guys have been doing quite well for your age. When I was 15 I started my gymnast career, and took trains with gymnasts. Now I'm 43 and still can do a lot of stuff. But I never stopped training. I guess that's why I'm still in a good shape

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2016 at 10:07 PM, Daryl White said:

Hey AS if you like doing as Rx'd CF have at it.  I wasn't looking to start a CF fight.

Ha ha! You got me wrong :) I am actually a bit "afraid" of what CF does when it comes to injuries. 

When I highlighted this part: 

On 3/7/2016 at 0:51 PM, AS said:

I got into crossfit early before it blew up and loved it initially. My BS meter started going off and I ditched "as Rx'ed" CF for basic power/oly strength training and no non-sense conditioning.

I actually wanted to understand what that meant as I did not understand "as Rx'ed" as a term. So, I wanted to know what "good" you took and what you "dropped" from their "curriculum". :) Hope, that clears that.