Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hand placement for planche training?

Jonathan Thompson

Jonathan Thompson

Hi, are the benefits greater in placing fingers behind you instead of placing them sideways in Planche training? or vice versa?

Currently I can hold tucks with hands turned sideways longer , but with the hands going back Its easier to keep my arms straight , but I lose power . :/ tips?

We don't recommend that students at your level turn the hands past 90 degrees period.

This is because with the hands turned back the load across the elbow increases dramatically and without proper tendon preparation there is a high degree of risk.

• Upvote 2

Mouclier Victor

Listen to him, i hurt my brachialis by training hands back !

Edited by Bosco
  • Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

That is, working this position it won't make getting your planche any faster, and it can be quickly attained after you *have* a planche in prep for training a ring planche. So this is one to bide your time on.

• Upvote 1

Emirking Stillalive

You can also injure your shoulders if you are learning planche with backwards grip, because if your bicep tendon cannot support the weight then your shoulders will try to compensate that. First learn the full planche with hands pointing sideways, and then slowly work on bringing your hands backwards.

• Upvote 1

Mouclier Victor

Damn ! what happened GORIZONT ? did you hurt your long head bicep tendon (btw the front delts and the upper part of the bicep) or something else ?