Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gluten vs Milk products

Mouclier Victor

Mouclier Victor

I would say Milk bcz it cause extra-workout acidity, but gluten is also known to cause inflamation, so i'm wondering.. :mellow:

Ivan Pavlovic

If you are perfectly healty why would you wory about those two ? They are natural and natural is ok.

Doug Grainger

sometimes milk actually goes in the bread recipe and i have both at the same time.  

and then i slice it and put cheese between 2 pieces, put butter on that and smash it between 2 hot griddle plates.

what were we talking about?

• Upvote 2

Mouclier Victor

A nutritionist said to me that wheat act like an inflammatory glue in our bodies

as for milk she said that i should avoid it because it's very very acid

is this true ?

thanks a lot for your replies !

Mikkel Ravn

A nutritionist said to me that wheat act like an inflammatory glue in our bodies

as for milk she said that i should avoid it because it's very very acid

is this true ?

thanks a lot for your replies !

1: Use your common sense. Milk is very, very acidic? Does it taste acidic? The PH-value ~6.5, i.e. almost neutral, but yes, very slightly acidic. You stomach acid, in contrast is 1.5-3.5. So no, it is not very acidic.

2: What are the credentials of your nutritionist? Did she get her education in a weekend course somewhere?

• Upvote 3

1: Use your common sense. Milk is very, very acidic? Does it taste acidic? The PH-value ~6.5, i.e. almost neutral, but yes, very slightly acidic. You stomach acid, in contrast is 1.5-3.5. So no, it is not very acidic.

2: What are the credentials of your nutritionist? Did she get her education in a weekend course somewhere?

Yes but milk causes stomach acid, it is obviously not very acidic itself (otherwise it'd taste like vinegar) but like coffee and alcohol causes you to create too much stomach acid.

It is also poorly digested the older you get i.e. I could drink it in litres as a teenager but I'll be lucky if I down a glass today and get away with it, it'll cause me digestion issues if I do anything but use a drop of it in my tea, this is quite widely reported.

Besides the above it also causes congestion of the nasal passages in many people, this is not a huge deal most of the time except for that in that time period it does make you more susceptible to nasal and respiratory infections such as colds and flu, hence why it is common to boil milk in homes in central and eastern Europe (even if it has been pasteurized etc.) especially in Winter. Don't ask me why but boiling (not flash boiling) tends to take the edge off congestion and other negative aspects of milk, while not completely negating them however.

Best switching to Kefir really, seems to deal quite elegantly with the negative aspects found in milk with only positives to be found as a result.

Edited by Aspirant

Mats Trane

I tested my self. I went 30 days whithout gluten and milkproducts. After 30 days I first went on milkproducts and MY body responded fine and then I went on Gluten and my problems started to return. So I try to stay away from Gluten. I dont eat/drink to many milkproducts either.

• Upvote 1

It's varies so much from person to person that there is no point in asking such a question. There is no universal answer for everyone.

• Upvote 3

Mouclier Victor

Ravn : excuse my ignorance, that's logic, i'm Wondering myself if is she is'nt sponsorised by all that anti-gluten/milk brands made for pussies :D

Aspirant : i'm gonna make some search about kefir thank you !

Mats : interesting, thanks for sharing your experience

Cole Dano : you're right but the point of scientific reasonnement isn't it to make general rules from a world full o of particular cases ? so we try to get to a general answer without making too much abstraction of it's potentia wrongness, but i do get your point we all have different reactions.

Edited by Bosco

I tested my self. I went 30 days whithout gluten and milkproducts. After 30 days I first went on milkproducts and MY body responded fine and then I went on Gluten and my problems started to return. So I try to stay away from Gluten. I dont eat/drink to many milkproducts either.

I'm exactly the opposite, i.e. can't do too many lactose/milk products.. I can eat as much gluten as I wantt but I don't really anyhow. So yea like Cole said everyone is different. My mother oddly can't eat the gluten either but i can.

Ravn : excuse my ignorance, that's logic, i'm Wondering myself if is she is'nt sponsorised by all that anti-gluten/milk brands made for pussies :D

I think the thing to note is how you respond to different things and not buy into fads too much, you will know intuitively what is working for you and what isn't..

Edited by Aspirant

Briac Roquet

If you feel you can live without them, just do. If you don't want to drop them, well don't.

Cole Dano : you're right but the point of scientific reasonnement isn't it to make general rules from a world full o of particular cases ? so we try to get to a general answer without making too much abstraction of it's potentia wrongness, but i do get your point we all have different reactions.

Actually no, science aims at understanding the world as it is. You need to ask the right questions, the question which is worse is meaningless without context.

Science does use modelling, making a reasonable approximation of the situation being addressed but those models take into account the key features of the system being modelled.

So a better set of questions would ask how many people have issues with each and what kind of issues.

• Upvote 2

Doug Grainger

But the most relevant question to you is "Do I have any of those issues?"    Let that answer guide your choices.   Otherwise, you are needlessly complicating your life.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
John Kiggundu

But the most relevant question to you is "Do I have any of those issues?"    Let that answer guide your choices.   Otherwise, you are needlessly complicating your life.

There are also times when we don't necessarily have immediate "issues" with consuming certain things, but eventually after many, many years, we may develop issues.

In other words, not necessarily having issues today or tomorrow doesn't mean that certain things are a green light.

• 3 weeks later...
dun08032863

Dairy products bring me out in the sort of acne you get when coming of a cycle of anabolics.

If I eat anything with dairy in it, even cereal grain (often has dairy in it) I will come out on cysts on my chest or back by the next day.

In my teens they blamed it on puberty, gave me anti-biotics, even accutane and claimed diet did not cause acne. Well after 10 years i know that when I do not consume anything with dairy in it, my skin is clear, not even as much as a zit, if I drank a glass of milk, by the next day the cysts have appeared.

I've been considering going back to milk as recommended by Ayurveda and how it's prepared in Eastern Europe although I'm aware the milk today is not the milk written about in ancient texts.

However I do enjoy hot milk instead of tea and coffee, and I've been thinking of drinking 2/3 part milk and 1/3 water boiled up for 10 minutes or so. I'll be sticking to skimmed milk so as not to get the anti-biotics and hormones present in the fat of most milk.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

Edited by Aspirant

John Kiggundu

I've been considering going back to milk as recommended by Ayurveda and how it's prepared in Eastern Europe although I'm aware the milk today is not the milk written about in ancient texts.

Milk has gotten an unfair bad rap the past 15-20 years. Personally I think it's one of nature's best foods out there, but I also acknowledge that there is some validity to the claims made by those who swear that it has been the cause of each and every ailment that they've acquired since reaching puberty.

Dr. David Servan-Schreiber's Anti-Cancer adds a dimension about industrially produced dairy that many aren't aware of, which is, that most industrially raised cattle feed on copious amounts of corn, and soy, and as a consequence the milk they produce has unnaturally elevated levels of omega-6 fatty acids.

Given that most people already have heavily unbalanced omega-6/omega-3 ratios in their diets, the mere addition of a daily intake of industrial dairy will significantly worsen the omega-6 elevation.

Consequently, you might want to be careful with your consumption of dairy. If you can access raw milk, that would be the way to go, because most farmers that sell raw milk ensure that their cattle feed on grass for the most part.

I think a bigger problem than the lactose intolerance which many people do suffer from is the high levels of casein proteins which are  very hard to digest for anybody and require one to have a highly acidic and proper functioning gut, it also means it's not too great to drink with meals as it requires a low pH environment to be properly digested. Likewise I'm not sure how good casein is as a viable protein for muscle building/maintenance etc.

In any case ever since I was introduced to boiling milk it has remade it viable for me, trouble is I don't think the casein proteins are denatured or broken down by boiling, so really milk for me at least is relegated to a stand alone drink either before breakfast/lunch or before bed as I have low stomach acid.

As for the fatty acids/omega rations, yea it's true + the anti-biotics and toxins etc. are found in the fat which is why I'll only drink skimmed or low fat %

Edited by Aspirant

Nicholas Sortino

If you are perfectly healty why would you wory about those two ? They are natural and natural is ok.

Lilies are natural.  Arsenic is natural.  Uranium is natural.  I wouldn't want any of them in my diet.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.